2020 c8 - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
Bruno
Z06 Addict

Garage
2020 c8

I just reviewed a few details about the new C8 and overall I am sure this will be a hit for GM.

I really like what they did with the appearance of the new LT2. Painted the valve covers, hid the ignition coils, made a nice looking intake manifold, added some cool looking exhaust headers. Coil overs at all 4 corners great. I am sure as time goes on there will be a lot more to like but those items really caught my eye.

What I don't care for is the manual trans goes bye bye. Styling? It looks like just about any other mid-engine super car out there. Tail lights boosted right off any new Audi.

13 Z06 Blk/Blk Halltech mf103 Corsa sport axle back exhaust custom tune by Team ZR1 533rwhp 463rwtq 48lb/hr injectors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 07:00 AM
MSiska

Re: 2020 c8

I too like the looks of the C8. With 495 HP out the gate, it will be a winner. There will be big mark ups the first year for the must haves, then sales will go down as the market is saturated. Then the Z06 will come out and the same will happen. The ZR1 will come out, but it will be too specialized with little production due to price. Happens with every new series of Vette. Still I like it.

Z06Fest Addict: I II III IV V VI VIII IX X XI
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 06:44 PM
jub jub

I agree, It's a beautiful car and will be a big hit for Chevy. I'm pretty sure I will own one but I will wait for the Z06 version.

I understand there is a hybrid version in the works that will provide electric motors for the front wheels making it essentially an all wheel drive. Should make for a great track monster!

Great times we are living in.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 09:20 AM
Mufflerbearing
Z06 Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jub jub View Post
I agree, It's a beautiful car and will be a big hit for Chevy. I'm pretty sure I will own one but I will wait for the Z06 version.

I'm with you. I plan to pick up a Z06 after the wave of gotta have it now buyers have been satisfied and discounts start showing up.

02 EB/Mod Red, LPE C5R 427 TT, Kirban/Delrin, Brembo, HRE, 722 rwhp, 743 rwtq, SOLD
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 06:51 PM
kgc
Z06 Pilot

I too am knocked out by the changes, and for me, all the better. I'm 72 and have owned (or as a demo in my dealer days) 23 Vettes..and counting. I can see a 2021 in my future if I live long enough. I sort of collected predictions and complaints from the past couple of years. So this is my opinion and comments.
Price: I argued on some message board about price. Some guy insisted it would be 90K base model and I told him that's absurd. He called me an idiot.
No manual; What really high performance sports car still has a manual? I know there are a couple. But the way of the world is away from that. At least GM didn't stay with a converter car.
Styling: Mid-engine..there ain't much you can do in packaging and get airflow, etc. I think it retains traditional Vette appearance in many areas.
Interior: A friend called me from LA and said the interior is magnitudes better than C7 - from what he could see.
Performance: 0-60 will be under 3 seconds with Z51. Meaning it's probably on par with current Z06 - even if it's just 2.99. Base car. That's probably just under a $70K car.

I'm proud of what Chevy has done. I hope they have a minimal amount of bugs in the 2020 and they sell a zillion.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 11:08 PM
lilesv

Garage

Don't care much for the styling; as Bruno mentioned, "It looks like just about any other mid-engine super car out there." B'sides, I'm pretty much stuck on shifting - because it's just plain fun.

Val__________

“Don’t know where we’re goin’
but there’s no sense bein’ late.”
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 04:42 PM
jub jub

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgc View Post
I too am knocked out by the changes, and for me, all the better. I'm 72 and have owned (or as a demo in my dealer days) 23 Vettes..and counting. I can see a 2021 in my future if I live long enough. I sort of collected predictions and complaints from the past couple of years. So this is my opinion and comments.
Price: I argued on some message board about price. Some guy insisted it would be 90K base model and I told him that's absurd. He called me an idiot.
No manual; What really high performance sports car still has a manual? I know there are a couple. But the way of the world is away from that. At least GM didn't stay with a converter car.
Styling: Mid-engine..there ain't much you can do in packaging and get airflow, etc. I think it retains traditional Vette appearance in many areas.
Interior: A friend called me from LA and said the interior is magnitudes better than C7 - from what he could see.
Performance: 0-60 will be under 3 seconds with Z51. Meaning it's probably on par with current Z06 - even if it's just 2.99. Base car. That's probably just under a $70K car.

I'm proud of what Chevy has done. I hope they have a minimal amount of bugs in the 2020 and they sell a zillion.
I would have liked this post if that feature still worked. Good post!

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 06:48 PM
MSiska

Quote:
Originally Posted by jub jub View Post
I would have liked this post if that feature still worked. Good post!
What feature is that John?

Z06Fest Addict: I II III IV V VI VIII IX X XI
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 07:27 PM
jub jub

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSiska View Post
What feature is that John?
The "Like" button lower right of a post.

It use to work but went funky when something funky happened.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > FRC / Hardtops / Coupes > General Corvette Discussion