Votes: 7 4.5%
  • None of your business Zip! :)

Votes: 9 5.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poll: Mileage for C6 Z06

15K views 62 replies 50 participants last post by  Nole1gator 
#1 ·
The 505 HP Z06 has been out for over a year. Some dirve their Zee every opportunity they have, some owners drive occassionally. What about you?

#32 ·
Re: Mileage Poll for C6 Z06

Put over 8K on mine so far. Drive it as much as possible!!! Rain or shine. No snow or salt though - so the lion sleeps from first salting until April. It's my favorite toy! And gives me the biggest grin - why wouldn't I want to drive it as much as poss?? :)

#34 ·

Almost 21,000 miles as of today. This Friday, Saturday and Sunday then add another 1,000 because I'm going to the Auto Fair at Lowes Motor Speedway. I drove it to VIR for the Rolex Races in the Spring which was almost 1,000 miles and averaged 26.3 mpg by using 6th gear a lot. Then in June I drove to upper New York to my Army reunion and my wife didn't like the tone of 6th gear so I only went up to 5th and still averaged 25 mpg. Changed tires at 20,000 and am saving them for when I get an extra set of wheels to play with.

Only problems have been with the posi traction chatter and that had been corrected. Then a new rear view mirror because the original shook so bad I couldn't tell exactly what was behind me. I still get a check coolant message on the DIC but it's always ok so I just have a bad sensor.

#35 ·

My 18th month anniversary is later this month on the 20th. I am now at 18,600 miles. I just bought my first set of replacement tires. I got the GY SC EMTs for $1857 installed with ride matching balance. The original tires went amazingly fast for all of the freeway miles I drive commuting to work each day. Frankly the rears have been bald for nearly 4k while I was trying to get the fronts down to the tread wear indicators. The fronts finally reached the wear indicators a couple of weeks ago and then last weekend while inspecting all tires, I noticed the RR tire had cord starting to break thru. The 01 Z would get 22 to 24k on the non-EMT tires. 10 cents per mile in tire rubber and another 15 cents per mile in gasoline makes this car fairly expensive to drive. "You got to pay to play". :lol:

#36 ·

My 18th month anniversary is later this month on the 20th. I am now at 18,600 miles. I just bought my first set of replacement tires. I got the GY SC EMTs for $1857 installed with ride matching balance. The original tires went amazingly fast for all of the freeway miles I drive commuting to work each day. Frankly the rears have been bald for nearly 4k while I was trying to get the fronts down to the tread wear indicators. The fronts finally reached the wear indicators a couple of weeks ago and then last weekend while inspecting all tires, I noticed the RR tire had cord starting to break thru. The 01 Z would get 22 to 24k on the non-EMT tires. 10 cents per mile in tire rubber and another 15 cents per mile in gasoline makes this car fairly expensive to drive. "You got to pay to play". :lol:
Man that's not good.:mad: My 07' just rolled over 14K this week and mine look new, (haven't measured). Hope I do better than you.

D.J.

#38 ·

After just returning from our 8500 mile trip around the U.S., including a visit to the Performance Build Center in Wixom, Michigan, we have about 15K miles on our '07 Z.

What a car! Not a bit of trouble and we averaged about 24 mpg. :)

#39 ·

Just got back from another 2000 road trip. I love this car. My miles per gallon including in town, speed runs and cruising overall 22.3. Don't know if little extra horsepower from the Corsa's and X pipe takes more gas or if it's just me. It sure runs strong. I can confirm the Speed Lingerie bra is good to 150 mph (and maybe a little morehttp://www.z06vette.com/forums//images/smilies/smile.gif
:) Odometer bouncing on 9000 miles on my 07. The rear tires are on the wear bars. They won't see 10,000 miles, but it will be next spring before I get new tires. Snow, ice, gravel and grit on the roads soon will limit driving for awhile. I've been trying nights all week to get it cleaned up again and will finish this weekend.

#47 · (Edited)

25526 miles on my baby, she was a demo. I got her with 6k about 15 months ago. Two sets of rear tires, soon to be three and 2 sets of front. One new rear.

#48 ·

804 miles with 3 weeks of driving. The dealer I bought it from has a great deal to get you out driving (which may help with sales). Tires for life. That is right: as long as I own the car, as soon as one tire hits the wear mark, then all are repaced with the original eagle F1s. I asked about if I take it to the track...doesn't matter. I asked about if the original tire is no longer made...will replace with whatever tire is on new z06s, or, hopefully, the c7s. I have 30 minutes of lunch break left, think I will go for a drive.:cool:

#50 ·

Tires for life. That is right: as long as I own the car, as soon as one tire hits the wear mark, then all are repaced with the original eagle F1s. I asked about if I take it to the track...doesn't matter. I asked about if the original tire is no longer made...will replace with whatever tire is on new z06s,:
Dude, that is one sweet deal, hope you have it in writing with no mileage limitations per set. I bet when I was coming in for my fourth set around 30,000 miles [at around 1700 bucks a set] they would be questioning the policy. Figure I'm good for about 12 sets in 100,000 miles. That’s like getting 20 thousand back of sticker. Hope they stick to it. One question, why are you reading this; go shred some rubber.

Doc E.

#49 ·

805 miles here in 3 months

#51 ·

Guys,

I'm thinking that I have suction cups on my ass. I just can't seem to extract myself other than to gas and see what is over the next mountain!

It is just too much fun getting there.:)

Warp Ten Always!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.