post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
dascrow

Product Review: Halltech TI TRIC/MAG Combo

Halltech TI TRIC/MAG Combo
March 29, 2001

By: PA_Z06

Member Rating:
Total votes: 110

It was an OK day here in PA and I couldn't wait any longer to drive the Z. I had to try out the new mods. I installed a ripper and Halltech tric Ti and MAG(cobra) with the magic box and ported throttle body. I also removed the screen from the MAF. Also several coats of Zaino, winters are too long ...

First impression of the Halltech System. Great looks. I also had another shroud sent for GM Parts Direct to cut on. Install was not that hard. Took my time and it turned out very well. Fit and finish of the Halltech is great. They only thing I didn't like was the seperate connectors for each wire on the magic box. So I hard wired my to the factory harness for now. Thanks Jim and Chris for the great service.

The first thing I did was the computer idle relearn. Checked for codes there were none. OK now it time to go for a ride. All I can say is what a ride. I did some varying speed driving getting on it a few times. Never really hammered it due to the fact the Z only has 284 miles on it. It was only 46 degrees so the tires broke loose at will. 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd with out really trying that hard. I was worried about the idle after reading some of the threads, but the idle is nice and smooth for now no surging at all. Not one hiccup or burp. When I got back I rechecked for codes still none.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 01:52 AM
StickyDrumGuy
Banned

Babington style waste oil heater pumps

I am a worthless scum sucking good for nothing SPAMMER.
I have no life so I spam the internet with my crappy product posts hoping I can get some sucker to spend their hard earned cash to buy this shit.

I also kill and eat puppies and kitties when the opportunity arises

I hope I die soon

Last edited by MikesZ06; 06-28-2010 at 07:14 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 09:42 AM
jub jub

Re: Babington style waste oil heater pumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyDrumGuy View Post
I am a worthless scum sucking good for nothing SPAMMER.
I have no life so I spam the internet with my crappy product posts hoping I can get some sucker to spend their hard earned cash to buy this shit.

I also kill and eat puppies and kitties when the opportunity arises

I hope I die soon

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 11:25 AM
YumaZ06
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Location: Yuma, Az. ?????? Z06 Fest IV, V, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII & Winterfest 1,2,3 & 4
Re: Product Review: Halltech TI TRIC/MAG Combo

They posted in a thread started in 2007?

Sig by GR8 White (modified by Speedratchet)
2004 MS/BLK
Still retired out in the middle of nowhere.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 01:12 PM
2MchFun

Garage

So that's how all these old threads keep coming back

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
'04 MS/Blk - Z06Fest IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI - WinterFest I "Bus Driver",WinterFest IV
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 06:55 AM
nhra95

I HOPE StickyDrumGuy DIES, REAL SOON!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 02:27 AM
rajesh

Re: PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE

I similarly had one more shroud sent for GM Parts Through to cut on. Fix was not that firm. Took my time and it crooked out very well. Fit and finish of the Halleck is great. They only thing I didn't like was the separate connectors for each wire on the dreamlike box. So I hard wired my to the factory join for now. Thanks Jim and Chris for the great service.

The first thing I did was the supercomputer idle relearn. Check for codes there were none. OK now it time to go for a ride. All I can say is what a ride. I did some varying speed driving getting on it a few times. Never really beat it due to the fact the Z only has 284 miles on it. It was only 46 degrees so the tires broke loose at will. 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd without really trying that hard. I was worried about the idle after reading some of the threads, but the idle is nice and smooth for now no surging at all. Not one hiccup or burp. When I got back I rechecked for codes still none.

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE

Last edited by rajesh; 04-16-2015 at 02:02 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 10:45 AM
chris.lynn

I think the difference between checkered flag and second place is measured in milliseconds, and Z06 is designed to help us ahead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > Z06Vette News & Polls > Z06Vette Product Reviews