I throw in one of my
1. front Racing rain tires, and my
2. Behrent's Aluminum Air Tank,
3. Longacre Air Pressure Gauge,
4. American General Aluminum Racing Jack from Harbor Freight, and
5. Milwaukee Cordless 18v Impact Wrench
when I travel.
I have to fish the tire in thru the passenger door and it sits behind the driver's seat, face down. The jack sits along the right side trunk with the handle removed and a sock on the handle stub to protect the headliner. The impact wrench sits in the center well with the air tank on top.
Above all when traveling I try to stay off the berms and especially the center berm which has a cement divider. A cement wall center divider tends to collect debri on the berm which are a mean collection of sharp objects looking to puncture something