Need some advice about tuning.. - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
405bhp
Z06 Addict

Need some advice about tuning..

im heading towards h/c and i hope this would be my last mod :bang: ... the only thing which worries me right now is tuning the car after having these mods on, since we dont have a reliable tuner over here plus there's no dynojets... what would u guys recommend? should i go for the setup and then send my computer to a reliable tuner in the states or just forget about it? is there any other way to tune ur car in this case? im really confused now..and u guys are the only hope!

many thanks,
ebrahim

MTI stage 2 heads, X1 cam, LG headers, 90mm LSX intake, B&B bullets exhaust system, vararam, air bridge, hurst shifter, Exedy twin disk clutch, tuned by MTI
best E.T [email protected] (cam only)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 10:04 AM
MikesZ06
Administrator

I guess I would have to say 'Be Careful' about doing mods that go into the engine in your location. Not just tuning needs, but simple things like needing another head gasket or the copper coating spray for the gasket might be very difficult for you to get in a hurry.
I guess that template pcm flashes might be alright for some, but what if you start throwing codes, etc even after having a reputable tuner flash your pcm with new settings.....see what I mean?
Best of luck on your decision!

Mike

2002 Procharged (F1-C) 427LSX 821rwhp/751rwtq
9.87 at 141mph & 2007 Black C6 Z06
Vette Magazine article
1/4 mile pass
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 10:18 AM
JWz06
Z06 Pilot

Whatever you do I would buy all the parts needed to do the install from one shop. They could get a set of heads and a cam with the same specs as an install they have previously done and flash a PCM and include it in the package. As Mike suggests, it may not be a bad idea to get a couple of sets of gaskets, sealer and other incidentals needed just in case.

If you try to get someone to tune long distance and you're using someone elses parts it will be very difficult.

You will need to call the tuner and tell them everything you have on your car (headers, intake, ported TB...etc.) so they can match you package as close as possible to a job that they have done and can flash to a PCM. Not a perfect way to do it but probably your best bet.

Good luck.

'02 Z06 / 21st CMC / LPE Stage II TT
Best 1/4 mile E.T. 10.69 Best 1/4 mile MPH 138.44
Both on ET Streets and Skinnies (Sold but never forgotten)

2011 ZR1

Last edited by JWz06; 04-28-2004 at 10:20 AM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Antivenom
Z06 Pilot

Your best bet is going to be: Get everything done that you want and buy PCM programming software and datalogging. Program yourself, or if you do not feel comfortable, pay a tuner here for a program, have it e mailed to you and install it. If it is not what you want, then send a file of your datalog to the tuner and have him make adjustments as needed. I believe that this will be so much faster than shipping a PCM back and forth. Best of luck to you and if I can be of assistance my link is on the side, Anti Venom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C5 Z06 Specific Topics > C5 Z06 - Tuning & Electronics