The new Z06: the fat girl at the dance with a great personality. - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Nabbs
Z06 Authority

Send a message via AIM to Nabbs Send a message via MSN to Nabbs
The new Z06: the fat girl at the dance with a great personality.

Yes, that's right -- I said it.

The new Z06 is like that great girl you knew in HS, who everybody liked -- but was just fat. She had great skin, hair, an awesome smell, and the personality that made her a great companion. In short: if you described her to a friend she was quite a catch! But then you see her. Oh poop. She's fat. But she has great hair! She's fat. But what about her bubbly personality, or her beautiful eyes? She's still fat. And her 44EE bust size? Hmmmm...well she's still fat.

So what does this have to do with the new Z06? Let me explain.

The new Z has a monster LS7 producing a space shuttle powering 500hp, carbon fiber this and that, big meaty tires, big honking brakes, aluminum frame, etc, etc. The list goes on and on. As each new item was announced I would wait with baited breath (and I admit, I was slightly aroused). "Wow, this sounds like the bomb!" I would say to myself. "Watch out Ferrari! Watch out Ford GT!"

Then I saw the pictures, and I realized what GM was trying to hook us up on a blind date with a fat girl. They released all these little tid bits, but when you but them together you still have an ugly-assed car. It's styling looks as if somebody smacked it into a wall, then drove it into a car crusher and squished it. Then to make matters worst, when they realized that the C6 has no curves -- they penned in a curved hatchback to compensate. The materials in the inside of the C6 look like the same material as that used on the bottom on my fliptops. The end result is that it looks like GM had designers put together parts completely independantly of each other, and then just meet up and throw them on.

GM and Dave Hill can yell "427" and "500hp" all they wa nt, the car is still frickkin ugly!! At the end of the day, all they are trying to do is convinve us that the fat girl with the lazy eye and size 78 dress, is really hottie.

I know who GM's Z06 demagraphic is: the legally blind.

Dave Hill if I ever meet you -- I'm giving you the finger. You're off my Christmass list.

-N

Current: 2006 C6 Z 2LZ
Previous: 2003 C5 Z06
DD: 2008 Jeep SRT8 All options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 03:48 PM
Zoomin
Z06 Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to Zoomin
Don't bottle your feelings up. How do you really feel?

"'tis better to have zoomed and failed, than never to have zoomed at all." - Zoomin, 2001
post #3 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 03:53 PM
jub jub

It's hard to beat the beautiful, flowing lines of the C5 FRC body style, that's for sure!

post #4 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 03:56 PM
curvesman
Z06 Addict

I guess you do not like fat girls!Stay with your 03 the inside looks like a taxi cab! If you paint your dated c5 yellow and start collecting fares, you can quit whinning and save up for a real dance with the fat chick!

Last edited by curvesman; 12-31-2004 at 05:08 PM.
post #5 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 03:59 PM
Mark_02_Z06
Z06 Addict

Well...that was brutal, but I completely agree
post #6 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 04:34 PM
The DBK

How do you really feel?

Not a tremendous fan of the look myself, but it'll do.

Exactly what the Viper bitches are going through.
post #7 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 04:34 PM
ZO6 AL-X
Z06 Master

Those are my feelings in a nutshell. It's a blind date with an fugly unattractive girl - and GM wants you to put out big money for a very expensive dinner!

Recent: 2003 Z06 BLK/BLK/BLK - GHL Exhaust | Zip-Tie Intake | NGK TR 55s | Nitto 555 RIIs. My BPP Shifter Broke In Two!!
post #8 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 04:48 PM
Electron Mike
Z06 Addict

Damn dude.. go have a drink.

I personally think the C6 looks significantly better than any C5. :D
Dave Hill will get a thumbs up from me.. especially if the thing isn't expensive.

Electron Mike
03 EB/Blk Z06
03 DSG Lightning
post #9 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 05:07 PM
dryforkz06
Z06 Pilot

I personally love the new Z and i also have loved some fat women

Be Nice if not to the Z how about giving a break to girls that don't fit in a size 5

:D :D
post #10 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 05:14 PM
holedgr

I agree about the car, disagree about the girl......at least she can lose weight and STILL have a EE size rack. OYE!!!:D
post #11 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 05:21 PM
maineyak_2000
Z06 Authority

Ugly Girl

This Car is More like the Ugly Girl Who Does all things well except Look or Be.... Beautiful. The expense is a given...ok So she is a third more than her C-5 Beautiful Sister what this girl lacks in beauty she makes up for with with her LS-7 FastHeart and build for both speed with her big tires and brakes, always willing just press her...soft or extreme and she is throbbing and pulling so eager to take you as far as she can go and very quickly. She is a fun ride and as long as you are inside her the ugliness is totally hidden.
If there is a group or segment of the Z populace that would would scheme to Tear The LS-7 Heart from this Girl and Transplant it to her Lovely C-5 Sister....Please know that I am One with you. Many of you have already met or exceded her Horse Power anyway so what would be the point ? You already have the best of both worlds
To Those of you who knew,Drove & Loved the 94-99 Toyota Celica with it's sexy rounded surfaces and nice performance and Screamed in Horror at the 2000 and current Celica. Now you know How I feel !! (Note aside ...Toyota is going to/has killed the Celica)
Lastly in this rant is the price and value issue of the C-5 Z05...Sure it may take a dip for now but I predict that the the C5/Z06 will increase in value because of it's popularity and beauty...It had a great 4 year run getting better each year and many of her already have an LS-7 or stronger hearts....making them the Absolute Best

Happy New Year to All,

Terry
post #12 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 05:26 PM
FiveOJoe
Premium Member (Lifetime)

and here's mine:

From a generation standpoint, the C6 does nor come close to the C5 as far as styling. (newer doesn't mean better) I hate the front end and exposed lights, the rear end is too tall (Big) and I don't like the fastback window. I think when you factor in the stock performance and tech stuff, the C6 moves up a notch but still falls slightly short of the C5 overall. Now, factor in the price of the new C6 Z06 and the C5 is a winner hands down!
I hate to say it but for $75,000 or so, I'd seriously look at the 2006 BMW M coming out this fall, or for a little more $$ the new Aston Martin V8.(That car has some serious style)

I am not thrilled with the C6, sorry.

Joe
post #13 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 05:56 PM
reproman

Directors and producers in Hollywood have egos as big as any GM designer/product manager. However, the difference is that the Hollywood set does listen to their focus groups and make the changes. Is that correct? But it gives the public what it wants. :D

Unfortunately it seems that GM loves doing things in private. Anyone here been in a focus group? Probably not. :eyes:

A friend of mine was interviewed briefly as he is a true fanatic with real car history. Plus he was in the right place at the right time. The GM exec got defensive after the first contrary observation and went on a tirade why the "updated" design was going to capture the spirit of the car in question. All my friend could do was politely listen and after 5 minutes, excuse himself. Go figure.
post #14 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 06:10 PM
JBsZ06
Z06 Master

I like the C6 and I like the 500hp C6 Z06 even more so...

Not enough to sell my present toy, a 2001 Z06 yet I sure do admire what GM has created...

Skinny or chunky? I like em hot and dam if the new C6 Z06 doesn't have the moves...

(Yes I'm a pig! )

With the exception of the price I give the new C6 Z06 two thumbs up..

2008 C6 M6 Z51 NPP /2008 CTS AWD 3.6 DI FE2
post #15 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 06:32 PM
Tom Steele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabbs
Yes, that's right -- I said it.

The new Z06 is like that great girl you knew in HS, who everybody liked -- but was just fat. She had great skin, hair, an awesome smell, and the personality that made her a great companion. In short: if you described her to a friend she was quite a catch! But then you see her. Oh poop. She's fat. But she has great hair! She's fat. But what about her bubbly personality, or her beautiful eyes? She's still fat. And her 44EE bust size? Hmmmm...well she's still fat.

So what does this have to do with the new Z06? Let me explain.

The new Z has a monster LS7 producing a space shuttle powering 500hp, carbon fiber this and that, big meaty tires, big honking brakes, aluminum frame, etc, etc. The list goes on and on. As each new item was announced I would wait with baited breath (and I admit, I was slightly aroused). "Wow, this sounds like the bomb!" I would say to myself. "Watch out Ferrari! Watch out Ford GT!"

Then I saw the pictures, and I realized what GM was trying to hook us up on a blind date with a fat girl. They released all these little tid bits, but when you but them together you still have an ugly-assed car. It's styling looks as if somebody smacked it into a wall, then drove it into a car crusher and squished it. Then to make matters worst, when they realized that the C6 has no curves -- they penned in a curved hatchback to compensate. The materials in the inside of the C6 look like the same material as that used on the bottom on my fliptops. The end result is that it looks like GM had designers put together parts completely independantly of each other, and then just meet up and throw them on.

GM and Dave Hill can yell "427" and "500hp" all they wa nt, the car is still frickkin ugly!! At the end of the day, all they are trying to do is convinve us that the fat girl with the lazy eye and size 78 dress, is really hottie.

I know who GM's Z06 demagraphic is: the legally blind.

Dave Hill if I ever meet you -- I'm giving you the finger. You're off my Christmass list.

-N
While I disagree with most of your post, I very much enjoyed reading it. Clever writing!!!

:D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C6 Z06 Specific Topics > C6 Z06 - Pit Road