Detail Day at Adam's HQ in CA February 23 - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
[email protected]

Detail Day at Adam's HQ in CA February 23

Come one, come all to our HQ from 9:00 to noon for our next Demo Day!

We’ll have refreshments, samples, and catalogs for all who attend. Bring your car washed, and take our products for a test-drive! That is correct, we’ll have demo product for you to use on your car!

Adam will be there personally conducting the following detailing seminars:

• Effective use of the Clay Bar
• Removing Swirl Marks with the Porter Cable Polisher
• Safe Cleaning of Leather and Upholstery
• Safe Cleaning and Detailing of your engine

BONUS: We will be treating windshields with ‘Liquid Gold,’ glass sealant. This is a product that we haven’t yet released, but will be soon available. Thus far, it costs $200 to produce a gallon, hence the name, “Liquid Gold!” You will not need your wipers once we treat your glass with Liquid Gold. It’s that good! Chip repair guys will hate you, however! Nothing sticks once treated.

We are located at 2020 W. 166th Street, Torrance CA 90504

Thanks for your business, and we look forward to seeing you on the 23rd!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 11:43 PM
S-TEE
Z06 Authority

Location: South Bay, SoCal Fest III, IV, V, WinterFest I, II, & III
Re: Detail Day at Adam's HQ in CA February 23

I'll be there, rain or shine! How come Adam always makes me work at these things??? Maybe I'll get the car cleaned up for the WinterFest!

Yellow car with 4 tires and a lugnut behind the wheel.
NCM #26915
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
[email protected]

Yo Scotty

Whats going on? Are you making it out to Corvettes at Carlisle this year? Hope to see you there brother! Make sure Adam doesn't work you too hard today and be sure to post some pictures from this event!! I know you always have documentation of these shows!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 11:59 AM
S-TEE
Z06 Authority

Location: South Bay, SoCal Fest III, IV, V, WinterFest I, II, & III

Not sure about Carlisle yet, Brad...

...but here are some pics from the Detail Day. It was an overcast, rainy day here, but we still got a crowd to show up.

Luckily there was a break in the rain by the time that I left, but that means I'll have to wait for another day to test out the "Liquid Gold"! Seems like great stuff--does not seem to get all of those streaks you get when using the off-the-shelf Brand-X product--very easy to apply AND take off. Those of you who deal with a lot of rain and snow will love it--and even in usually-dry SoCal it will leave your windows with a great slick finish when applied following a cleaning with Adam's Glass Cleaner.

However, Adam's is waiting to see if they can get approval from the CARB, here in Kaifornia, to see if they can sell the stuff. The California Air Resources Board is cracking down on all sorts of V.O.C.'s here--I know the auto paint shops are having to contend with a lot of new regulations that took effect this year.

Unfortunately for us, one of the victims of the CARB has been the very popular In&Out Spray--not sure if its due to the aerosol format or the chemical composition, but it is GONE! If you have any, hoard it! Maybe Adam can get it for sale and use out of state??? Don't know...

Update: Adam's is working to reformulate the In & Out Detail Spray, so hopefully we may see it return. Keep your fingers crossed!

Anyway, here are some of the pics I took:

As it was an open Detail Day, there were more than Vettes...

Yellow car with 4 tires and a lugnut behind the wheel.
NCM #26915

Last edited by S-TEE; 03-03-2008 at 10:27 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
[email protected]

Pictures look great!! Wish I could have been there! Sucks you guys couldn't have a little bit better weather! Glad you guys had a great turn out!

Hope to see you in August!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 07:31 PM
rich427

Send a message via AIM to rich427

Hey Brad,

Just jumped on this site and low and behold, I stumble on your sorry butt!

How are you and Dale doing?

Give us a little more information on the Liquid Gold. Once applied, is it compatible with the current Adam's window cleaner. You know, the stuff that the wife likes.

Rich

'04 ZR1 Crystal Red
'14 Laguna Blue vert
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich427 View Post
Hey Brad,

Just jumped on this site and low and behold, I stumble on your sorry butt!

How are you and Dale doing?

Give us a little more information on the Liquid Gold. Once applied, is it compatible with the current Adam's window cleaner. You know, the stuff that the wife likes.

Rich
Hey Rich!

Glad to see you on Z06vette!! Dale and I are doing great! School is going well and we're doing another demo class with the BACC next weekend!

The Liquid Gold is a glass sealant and makes your glass impermeable to all the elements (rain, snow, sleet, dust, etc) Fortunately you don't have to deal with the frozen precip anymore! Its great stuff! Easy to use and lasts for months. You don't even have to use your wipers!! Use the Glass Cleaner first then apply the Liquid Gold and you're set!!

I'll have to send you a sample to try out!

Hope you and the wife are doing well!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:58 AM
rich427

Send a message via AIM to rich427

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hey Rich!

Glad to see you on Z06vette!! Dale and I are doing great! School is going well and we're doing another demo class with the BACC next weekend!

The Liquid Gold is a glass sealant and makes your glass impermeable to all the elements (rain, snow, sleet, dust, etc) Fortunately you don't have to deal with the frozen precip anymore! Its great stuff! Easy to use and lasts for months. You don't even have to use your wipers!! Use the Glass Cleaner first then apply the Liquid Gold and you're set!!

I'll have to send you a sample to try out!

Hope you and the wife are doing well!
Hey Brad, thanks for the reply. I would love to try the Liquid Gold even though I would not have to deal with the frozen stuff, it would be great to see how it does with the love bugs down here. Give me a yell if you or Adam need something on the SW side of Florida.

Rich

'04 ZR1 Crystal Red
'14 Laguna Blue vert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > Other Z06 Topics > The Car Wash