2006 C6 Z06 Dyno Results T - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Ltripp

2006 C6 Z06 Dyno Results T

Good morning!

New to the forum and having a C6. Bought the car a couple months back and went ahead and threw the TSP Stage 2.2 cam in there as well as having the stock heads gone through as far as valves, seals and upgraded springs. Took it to the dyno this week to have it tuned. The numbers seems a little low, but I could be mistaken. The tune was done in Denver with an air temp of about 50 degrees. I'm happy with the numbers, just wanting to see if this lines up with others out there. It was a Dynojet and the final pass was 496hp and 452tq. Baseline was 471hp and 432tq. Appreciate any input on this. No other mods on the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190302_123903208_1551555889696.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	12741  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 12:08 PM
jub jub

Re: 2006 C6 Z06 Dyno Results T

Any other mods like headers, cold air intake? I'm not familiar with that cam so I can't really comment but 471HP base considering you're in Denver seems pretty healthy.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Ltripp

Hey Jub Jub. Nope, nothing else done to the car. I should have done a baseline pre-cam, but oh well. I'll give it some time to get used to this and then I'll start throwing some other bolt ons on there and go in for another tune. Here is a link to the cam for reference: https://www.texas-speed.com/p-5055-t...-1125-lsa.aspx

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 05:03 PM
racingvette
Z06 Tech Advisor

Re: 2006 C6 Z06 Dyno Results T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltripp View Post
Good morning!

New to the forum and having a C6. Bought the car a couple months back and went ahead and threw the TSP Stage 2.2 cam in there as well as having the stock heads gone through as far as valves, seals and upgraded springs. Took it to the dyno this week to have it tuned. The numbers seems a little low, but I could be mistaken. The tune was done in Denver with an air temp of about 50 degrees. I'm happy with the numbers, just wanting to see if this lines up with others out there. It was a Dynojet and the final pass was 496hp and 452tq. Baseline was 471hp and 432tq. Appreciate any input on this. No other mods on the car.
My answers would change knowing more of the facts, your image is so bad really cannot but used to analyze results

1. IF the dyno used with nothing but a "static drum, forget the numbers other then a compare if the runs were done on same day and weather.
Static is useless as the drum could weight 2,700 lbs and say car driver 3,500 lbs as that skews the true results.
Also they cannot really adjust for weather, elevation and D/A
Most cases results on a static drum produce higher results then the real numbers but those shops and car owners love it as showing high values, like saying they have a bigger dick.

2. Load bearing dyno is just that the drum weighs the car, and sets the drum through motors to add load that equals car/driver and has instruments to measure for weather and D/A thus the run is far more accurate
Car owners and shops hate these type dynos because the results will be much closer to the truth

Elevation a killer and why most in your state add boost, you maybe live at 6,000 feet.
Compare at 4,000 feet HP/Tq loses about 50 and in hot weather D/A comes up even higher

In your 50 deg weather the numbers would produce higher numbers where in summer heat the numbers drop like a log

Yes I know the ones who like phony jacked up numbers will say load bearing type sucks is only because the numbers better to real world report lower.

Image needs to be better to see, If what I think the AFR reports is, the engine will knock, pull timing and performance drops like a log

Finally the LS7 sucks as to heat, not much cylinder walls etc so and that kills the HP/Tq
cool engine and bay down the best you can to limit that loss, higher flowing radiator, tranny fluid cooler and long tube headers will increase heat in engine bay

Now let the dyno lovers start crying
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	96.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	12743  

Mike M - 2001 / 2008 Z06s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C6 Z06 Specific Topics > C6 Z06 - Tuning & Electronics