STOMPED a Carrera 4S today!!! - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
seamus2154
Premium Member (Lifetime)

STOMPED a Carrera 4S today!!!

My friend has been talking alot of sh#t lately after he bought his retirement gift, an 09' Carrera 4S. He was cracking me up but he was serious. So the time and the road came together. He has launch control and from what I read w/ the GTR makes a bit of difference. I don't like to beat my drive train dragging, but thats where it ends. So he agreed to a rolling 40 mph. I'm all stock except for tires and an Airaid filter. I pulled consistently away and he couldn't catch me. I'm talking getting smaller in my mirror as I'm still pulling. I let off and never redlined. Three times and he was humbled. Kept saying not bad for a 6 cylinder though!!! LOL I said 106,000 dollars heh???!!! He said it handled like crap at high speeds (over 125) and the front end was lifting. Nice interior for 106K I laughed!!! I was impressed somewhat for a DI 6 cyl even though he couldn't catch up, but he did get up there just not in the same league. I did think I would have beaten him worse. How do we do w/ the c6z against the 911 turbo? The 09 4S has more HP than previous years which I did see a difference because I destroyed and 08 4S a couple of mnths ago. Anybody play w/ a GT3 or turbo?? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Jim Lembo

Send a message via AIM to Jim Lembo
Re: STOMPED a Carrera 4S today!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus2154 View Post
My friend has been talking alot of sh#t lately after he bought his retirement gift, an 09' Carrera 4S. He was cracking me up but he was serious. So the time and the road came together. He has launch control and from what I read w/ the GTR makes a bit of difference. I don't like to beat my drive train dragging, but thats where it ends. So he agreed to a rolling 40 mph. I'm all stock except for tires and an Airaid filter. I pulled consistently away and he couldn't catch me. I'm talking getting smaller in my mirror as I'm still pulling. I let off and never redlined. Three times and he was humbled. Kept saying not bad for a 6 cylinder though!!! LOL I said 106,000 dollars heh???!!! He said it handled like crap at high speeds (over 125) and the front end was lifting. Nice interior for 106K I laughed!!! I was impressed somewhat for a DI 6 cyl even though he couldn't catch up, but he did get up there just not in the same league. I did think I would have beaten him worse. How do we do w/ the c6z against the 911 turbo? The 09 4S has more HP than previous years which I did see a difference because I destroyed and 08 4S a couple of mnths ago. Anybody play w/ a GT3 or turbo?? Thanks
Geez Jim, you're such a bully! Seriously though, the Carrera 4 or 4S is no match for even a stock C5Z, let alone a C6Z like yours.
Nice job humbling your friend anyway! :D I have run into a few Porsche turbo's in my travels, but none of them wanted to play. I think the sound of my car scared them off. If you ever do throw down with one of the "bad-boy" Porsche's, do give us a full report!

Jimbo

sig by GR8 White
'03 EB/mod blue, LME/V-Max 416, AFR 225's, Comp Custom cam from Pete at V-Max, 3" custom exhaust and lots of attitude! [email protected] :D Z06 Fest member III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII and Winterfests 1, 2, 3 & 4. 543rwhp/493rwtq, all motor!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 07:05 PM
GR8 WHITE
Z06 Master

I have tested many Porsches in Germany and easily beat all but one. (Never got to roll up on a Carrera GT though).

The one that beat me was a 996 TT with "upgraded" turbos. He pulled me easily and then I needed binoculars to see his tail lights. Honestly - I think it may have been fair or not as bad as it was if I was not having shift issues then, which appear to still be my issue now.

I do have that race on video and you can easily see/hear I have shift issues from 2 to 3 and see him disappear into the night. Funny thing is, a stock 996 Bi Turbo wanted to play outside of Mainz on the way to Darmstadt, and when we go away from traffic, it was on. He had no idea what hit him when I pulled him hard. I guess my stock exhaust tips fooled him really good. :pp:

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
seamus2154

Hey Jim, I'm only a bully w/ my friends!!!LOL All he is talking about is how much would they give him on a trade for a turbo!!! This really got to him. Back in 04 I got beat pretty bad by either a turbo or GT2 or 3 I dont remember or didn't know. He was behind me taunting and when he slingshot by I couldn't catch him. I had an O3Z and I was shocked and how he blew me away. So I am concerned w/ those Porsche's!!!! Nothing is worse than getting beat by a Dentist!!!! LOL Thanks Jim
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
seamus2154

Hey Glenn, Thanks for the stories. So we can take stock turbo Porsche's?? Heh? The new 09 4s has more Hp than the previous yrs and I could see a decent difference. I love German engineering and own a VW and have owned a BMW and Mercedes. I just think the Porsche is an overpriced VW. More of a status symbol in professional circles. Was never my cup of tea. Also too small inside. Great car for what it is but I feel it is literally priced at twice what it's worth IMHO.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 07:36 PM
zoomz06

Way to go!!!!!!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 09:37 PM
chewbakkah
Z06 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomz06 View Post
Way to go!!!!!!
way to stay on topic and read the thread, looks like someone is trying to boost posts to sell?

still waiting on the z06 to materalize in my driveway. shouldn't be long now.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
seamus2154

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakkah View Post
way to stay on topic and read the thread, looks like someone is trying to boost posts to sell?
Hey thats Mikes job!!!!!! I'm sure he's watching.......
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
seamus2154

My buddy wants to go again. He said it was windy and we had side and head winds!!!! LOL I said, I didn't notice, did we??? He's killing me.....
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 06:03 AM
GR8 WHITE
Z06 Master

Maybe you should take it going downhill with a tail wind? Hahahahaha

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 06:54 AM
zeta08
Z06 Pilot

I have doen a HPDE with a 07 porsche 911 turbo with aftermarket exhaust (titanium downpipe and cat back) he says will push 600hp..

Aside from the driver differences that I don't want to dwell on, my car was clearly faster on the straights and he admitted to this. He has some pretty advanced driver aides, and CAN'T TURN THEM ALL OFF, EVER...Nice performance car. But I talked to his "instructor" whom I didn't drive near, and he said the driver aides (Like what marketers call "super" AWD) really help the car get around corners (unlike ours which helps prevent skids and crashes usually by slowing the car). As it's AWD, I think it is safe to say, that with an equal driver in the 911, this car would be hard to pass..But I can say with certainty: in a straight line, that modded 911 turbo could not pull on my totally stock c6z.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 09:10 AM
2MchFun

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus2154 View Post
My buddy wants to go again. He said it was windy and we had side and head winds!!!! LOL I said, I didn't notice, did we??? He's killing me.....
You've got to stop picking on those underpowered P-cars. Try the ones that might stand a chance like a Turbo, GT2 or GT3.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
'04 MS/Blk - Z06Fest IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI - WinterFest I "Bus Driver",WinterFest IV
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
seamus2154

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta08 View Post
I have doen a HPDE with a 07 porsche 911 turbo with aftermarket exhaust (titanium downpipe and cat back) he says will push 600hp..

Aside from the driver differences that I don't want to dwell on, my car was clearly faster on the straights and he admitted to this. He has some pretty advanced driver aides, and CAN'T TURN THEM ALL OFF, EVER...Nice performance car. But I talked to his "instructor" whom I didn't drive near, and he said the driver aides (Like what marketers call "super" AWD) really help the car get around corners (unlike ours which helps prevent skids and crashes usually by slowing the car). As it's AWD, I think it is safe to say, that with an equal driver in the 911, this car would be hard to pass..But I can say with certainty: in a straight line, that modded 911 turbo could not pull on my totally stock c6z.
thanks, that's what I wanted to know! I think he might be in a Turbo by next year w/ the abuse he is getting from our crew! This is what happens when you have a mid life crisis w/ like friends!!! I feel like I'm in my twenties again having a pissing match!!! LOL But I can't lose either!! With my crew of friends (all in their forties) the Zo6 is referenced to as "Big Daddy". I kinda like that and don't want to let any of us down!!!! LOL
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
seamus2154

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MchFun View Post
You've got to stop picking on those underpowered P-cars. Try the ones that might stand a chance like a Turbo, GT2 or GT3.
I know!! But I can be a bully sometimes!! LOL These are the cards I'm dealt. I'm on the lookout for a better challenge.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 02:38 PM
GR8 WHITE
Z06 Master

Be cautious...There ar emany sleepers out there. Including this VW Polo who smoked a 650 RWHP WS6.

The proof don't lie:

600 HP Firehawk vs VW Polo - Putfile.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > Other Z06 Topics > The Street