if anyone has been wondering where I went.... - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
eviLS6
Z06 Authority

if anyone has been wondering where I went....

Evolution.

I couldnt talk about torque wrenches and the best tires or best colors for another moment of my finite existence.

Have a look, you may just be able to pull yourself away from your wasteful pursuit of something that will make you more you, that something that you never really get a grasp on.

Ever wonder why youre never satisfied? Will 700 hp be enough? (no)

Its time to wake up and realize that what you needed has always been there, within.

I apologize if this comes across as condescending.

I really was addicted to materialism for a long time and with breaking free from it I can see it for what it was. I know many of you reading this now suffer from it.

So on to the forums, literature, and films that have helped me liberate myself and that I can recommend to those looking for a way out and recovery from years of conditioning. In no particular order. Zeitgeist is a must see BTW, at the bottom.

We need to separate from the social systems that we have adapted to in the past few centuries with an abundance of energy to do our work. We now know that this luxury has not come with out its consequences, and that the survival of not only our species but that of our biosphere will require drastic change in the way we live.

Best wishes.

https://www.z06vette.com/forums/f68/n...rtising-84174/

And for those that want to break free from their self made prison of endless conditioned wanting this is a great book to start with:

Another great book:

https://www.z06vette.com/forums/f68/n...rtising-84174/

And a must see film:

Honda Civic hybrid

Last edited by blkZ06; 12-04-2008 at 08:48 AM. Reason: links not allowed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 05:22 AM
2MchFun

Garage
Re: if anyone has been wondering where I went....

To each his own. Congratulations on finding your inner peace.
I feel balance is the key for me. I don't go to one extreme or the other. Several events in my life made me realize that family & friends are most important, but I still enjoy toys. I can live without an 800HP car but if I had one I certainly would not feel bad or guilty about it :D

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
'04 MS/Blk - Z06Fest IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI - WinterFest I "Bus Driver",WinterFest IV
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 06:28 AM
vant
Z06 Master

This sounds familiar....

....don't drink the kool-aid.

I need a new sig!
2004 MS/BLK Z06 / Toyo T1Rs / CAGS Defeat / Seat Bolster Mod / HPDE Checklist
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 06:44 AM
dwjZ06
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Location: Doing my time until I can leave this crappy azz liberal state.

Now tell me you do not miss your Z06 What next GOD? Good luck man whatever floats your boat. Step away from the crack pipe.

SIG by GR8 WHITE
2002 Quicksilver/Black (Sold)NCM Member.

Last edited by dwjZ06; 12-15-2008 at 09:31 AM.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 07:07 AM
proexpert
Z06 Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviLS6 View Post
We need to separate from the social systems that we have adapted to in the past few centuries with an abundance of energy to do our work. We now know that this luxury has not come with out its consequences, and that the survival of not only our species but that of our biosphere will require drastic change in the way we live.
I was just thinking that yesterday, really I was.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 08:40 AM
YumaZ06

Location: Yuma, Az. ?????? Z06 Fest IV, V, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII & Winterfest 1,2,3 & 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vant View Post
This sounds familiar....

....don't drink the kool-aid.

Go for it, have some!

Sig by GR8 White (modified by Speedratchet)
2004 MS/BLK
Still retired out in the middle of nowhere.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 09:39 AM
YumaZ06

Location: Yuma, Az. ?????? Z06 Fest IV, V, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII & Winterfest 1,2,3 & 4

Well, since you have liberated yourself from material things; are you walking to work (who needs work, that is only for money for material things), living in a tree or walking around in the buff or hunting and gathering your own food?

2004 MS/BLK
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 09:46 AM
panzer

No I never wondered for a instant. Your words match the low expectations I have for people from your city.

Ed Gibson 2001 Black Z06 64 & 68 Corvette verts
2005 Custom Mustang 2007 MB SL550 2014 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited 2016 F-150 Lariat

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 09:58 AM
K M
Z06 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer View Post
No I never wondered for a instant. Your words match the low expectations I have for people from your city.
It just says Nor Cal, Bay area under his name...Is it Berkeley in his profile?

03 EB Z / 07 cbr600rr
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 10:37 AM
vant
Z06 Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaZ06 View Post
Well, since you have liberated yourself from material things; are you walking to work (who needs work, that is only for money for material things), living in a tree or walking around in the buff or hunting and gathering your own food?
Actually, you bring up a great point. What happens if everyone stops wanting material things? Well....since people like eviLS6 only see the world in absolute extremes, I'll explain it in those terms...

People stop spending money on non-essential things. As hard as it is for us to imagine right now, the economy begins to slow down (). Then workers get laid off from their jobs because demand for their product or service has ceased. Eventually, companies themselves go bankrupt. The economy starts to crumble further. People begin to starve. Their kids go shoe-less. Fear and desperation take hold. Finally, war erupts and people die by the millions. Humanity is thrust into the next Dark Age.

Is that your real agenda, eviLS6?

Best wishes, indeed.

I need a new sig!
2004 MS/BLK Z06 / Toyo T1Rs / CAGS Defeat / Seat Bolster Mod / HPDE Checklist
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 11:05 AM
MikesZ06
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviLS6 View Post
Evolution.

I couldnt talk about torque wrenches and the best tires or best colors for another moment of my finite existence.

Have a look, you may just be able to pull yourself away from your wasteful pursuit of something that will make you more you, that something that you never really get a grasp on.

Ever wonder why youre never satisfied? Will 700 hp be enough? (no)

Its time to wake up and realize that what you needed has always been there, within.

I apologize if this comes across as condescending.

I really was addicted to materialism for a long time and with breaking free from it I can see it for what it was. I know many of you reading this now suffer from it.

So on to the forums, literature, and films that have helped me liberate myself and that I can recommend to those looking for a way out and recovery from years of conditioning. In no particular order. Zeitgeist is a must see BTW, at the bottom.

Oh good Lord, not you again

When last you posted, I thought you had decided to go live out in the deep woods with Theodore Kaczynski and raise pet chinchillas & alpacas or some such.

https://www.z06vette.com/forums/f92/know-truth-107971/

I see since your last appearance that you not only drank the Kool-aid, but bathed in it as well. Fair enough, if God didn't make morons, the rest of us would have no way of knowing how far down the intellect scale goes before bottoming out.

Anyway, glad to have you back, please remain aware of and observe the site rules, and try not to put any small shiny objects in your mouth that haven't been washed properly.

Mike

Last edited by MikesZ06; 12-04-2008 at 12:18 PM.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 11:18 AM
YumaZ06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesZ06 View Post
I see since your last appearance that you not only drank the Kool-aid, but bathed in it as well. Fair enough, if God didn't make morons, the rest of us would have no way of knowing how far down the intellect scale goes before bottoming out.
Mike

2004 MS/BLK
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 03:16 PM
seamus2154

You have to love the internet! It brings you together w/ some people you would never want to hang out with!!! Sorry I'm in Archie Bunker mode today!!
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Zippy
Z06 Master

Location: Mt Juliet, TN Z06 FEST PARTICIPANT I II III IV V VI & VII

evil.......hmmmm, good user name.

Goodl luck with the sale.

Merry Christmas, may Santa bring you a bag full of presents. :csmile:

Zippy

Zippy
2010 Blade Silver ZR1
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 03:41 PM
robls6
Z06 Pilot

Um... no thanks. I'm going to go home in my gas guzzling SUV and covet my neighbors wife while I cut down a christmas tree to put in my front window.

2003 MY Z06 - Lunati custom cam, LG headers, Blackwing, McLeod dual disc, RPM stage V trans
409 RWHP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > Off Topic > The Parking Lot (non car related topics)