Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 0.0% program that the Gen. put out is a heck of a deal but, their are very few 02 Z06s left any where in the country that will be on a lot before 10-31 and not already sold by now. I ran a poll a couple of weeks ago asking if the economy and the resent events in NY and Washington had changed any ones buying habits. The results of that poll after about 50 to 60 people voted was I think 83% NO it had not. Up untill 3 weeks ago I was taking 2 to 3 Z06 orders a week for the last 2 to 3 mos. I have not taken an order for 3 weeks now. What is going on guys? It was much like some one turned off the switch. It is the same great car at the same great deal that about 25 members have already taken advantage of. Is everyone buying some where else now? I need your support to continue servering this Forum. Please give me some feed back on what you think is on everyones mind now. Is the deal that was good enough for every one for 3 mos. all of a sudden not now.:-?

·
Registered
340 Posts
IDK maybe they are all waiting for 03??? Maybe vette sales are just slowing down.....IDK just some ideas....But stick around bud, I am sure more sales will come in the upcoming months

·
Registered
81 Posts
Personally, I think the events of 9/11 just pushed the economy over the edge. I sell real estate in Northern NJ and the amount of inventory that has come on in the past 3 weeks is frightening. Also, the number of Buyers has dropped of substantially. Undobtedly, this is going to lead to a drop in prices, because the only thing keeping prices up for the past year has been the "tight" inventory.

Cars and homes are "large ticket" purchases and if people feel less secure about the present and the future they are not going to step up and make the big purchase. Thank about it, real estate sales are dropping and we have the lowest interest rates since 1962...who would believe it.

In different times you have to have different tactics. Personally, I'm going to be looking to buy a couple of investment properties in the next few months. Lower prices combined with these interest rates will make some properties a great investment when property values turn around in a couple of years.

Rick, I feel for you. The car business is getting pounded. The Porsche dealer near me did 10 cars in August and 13 cars in September. Last year they did 45 cars a month.

When the confidence of the consumer returns, so will the sales......for both of us.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nevercanstop,
Thanks so much for you reply. This is the kind of info I am looking for. We all know things have slowed down all over the country. I would like to know how it is effecting our little section of the country. The people on this Forum are the ones who have the biggest impact on me and my income. I have to say that I am a little disappointed in the # of replys to this thread. With out knowing what is going on with our community it makes it very hard to know what if anything I can do to help.:)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Rick,
I had started to reply to this post before, but decided against it.

Now I will reply.

I do think that the tragic events will slow down purchasing for a while. It is great to see the big auto makers stepping up to keep spending going. How this relates to the Z06 world is very little (the 0% at least).
This offer is currently available for one month. The idea seems to be to get people who were thinking about making these large purchases (automobiles) back into the dealerships to get their lives back to normal.
On a Z06, however, they are mostly special orders. A very few people will get the good rates out of good luck (I am one of them). Other than that, the rate alone is not a reason to place an order for a Z06. If you order now, or even ordered at the beginning of October, the odds are not in your favor for getting that rate (assuming that the offer is not extended). In fact, I would say they are almost zero.
I think what you are seeing now is a slowdown caused by saturation of the Z06vette.com market; meaning most of the people here have cars or have gotten their orders in. Now the people that are left are the ones who will wait a little while longer as the price falls throughout the model year.
Sales will again rise, but having the special interest rate alone should not/will not increase sales of a special order vehicle like the Z06. Now if the rate was locked in when you placed the order, your phone would have really started to ring.
Don't give up because things are not going as well as they were when you came onboard. I think you joined at a time that maximmized your exposure to people looking for a purchase and a quick delivery.
With a little patience, I think this site will generate more than an adequate number of sales for you.
Keep up the good work.

chris

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris,
Thanks for your input. The economy has been going south for a while now and it was 3 mos. ago as well. It just seems to me that these _ _ _ _ _ _ _ s over there with Osama are getting just what they are looking for. My orders stopped on a dime when they attacked us and the economy is no worse now than it was before 09-11. I can`t say that I don`t understand how we all feel about it but it is no less a dam shame that they can have such an effect on this Nation.:flaming: :z:

·
Registered
340 Posts
I know its a damn shame.....But don't give up the time when everyone rises up and gets their acts together can't be too far off, plus the release of the 2003 will help, when it gets released

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Generally, people don't like uncertainty. Until people hear their income is secure, big purchases will be tight.

The low interest rates really hurt the retirees who depend upon bank CD's, etc for their income. Rates have been cut in half in the last year.

It will turn around, we just don't know when. Imagine what the stock market and job fears would do if news came out that Osama and his associates were dead?

I just bought my Vette a year ago, and my wife likes me to hold on to cars for at least a couple years. Otherwise, that EB sure looks good :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
I sell homes in the Northern Virginia side of DC. The economy in this area is going over the edge as well. Inventory is up and buyers are now feeling uncertain about their job security. I purchased a Z28 for my daughter to help keep things rolling two weeks ago....but the situation here is not good.

I think also, that Chevrolet has saturated the market with Z06's. I saw new and used ones sitting on the dealers lots for weeks awaiting someone to buy them out here....and that was before the bombing.

This country is in more trouble than most people realize. For example, since the bombing I have been tracking daily sales of homes in three counties here in NVA. The sales rate is about 20% of what it was in June. We really do not have a seasonal situation here...so it is reflecting the down economy in the region. When I chat with folks around the country I am hearing the same thing.

If I were in the car business...I would try to get GM to extend the offer if they are serious about keeping people employed and would view this as a chance to actually increase the market share they have been losing it to the Japanese like they have been doing for years.
Just my 2 Cents worth.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Disagree 100%

Don't know about other areas of the Country, but here
in Indianapolis things are booming.

We have run out of 2001's, have one 2002 1500 Extended
Cab 4x4 Pickup left.

More people on the lot than we have salespeople to talk to
them. Phone is ringing off the hook (2-300 sales calls/day)

We have met with Chevrolet and will be getting extra inventory.

We are buying everything we can from other dealers.

26th year and business and on track for our best month
EVER.

Commercial department is looking for additional sales help.

Building contractors are buying more trucks. Real Estate
Agent told me today that this are better than spring and
Summer.

·
Registered
251 Posts
GM Incentives

and...............word is that GM will be heavily into incentives,
both rebate and regional cash for the rest of the year.

Would be surprised if the "0" continued, but they will be
very agressive.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well corvetteseller glad to hear things are going so well for you. How many 2002 Z06s do you have on the lot. I would think that most pepole here are looking to buy a Z before 10-31. Don`t get me wrong we too are on a pace for a record month for total sales. But this thread was about Z06s and the fact that their is very few avalb. before the end of Oct. If someone here is looking for a Coupe or a Vert we have about 60 on the lot that can be bought for 0.%. I am pacing to have a 20 unit month my self with 8 units out on the 10th. Maybe GM will send you a extra load of Z06s to sell before the end of the month. With an allocation of about 150 Z06s a year we still do not have a single one on the lot or on the way in that will be here by 10-31 and not already sold. Of the 60 to 70 Z06s we have already delv. this year, I would bet only 8 to 10 will be bought for 0.0%. I have delv over 25 Zs this year my self and have had about 3 to get the 0.0%. and may have 3 more delv. before 10-31 that are on order and come in by then. And just for your info, all have been sold with dealer fees as are all of the 600 to 800 new and used Corvettes we sell per year. Good to hear from you Bob don`t be such a stranger around here. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Rick..........it's the economy........

I sell equipment..........construction.
I have also hit the wall.....
I can go to nearly ANY dealer in the DFW metroplex and buy a new '02...........for a fairly discounted rate.....
Just got to shop a tad......
A year ago..............fergit it............
Like it or not, we are all in the same boat, and we will all feel the effects of this before it is over......

Call me "BEEN THERE & DONE THIS", Many times.........

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Z06LS6,
It is all attitude. All is well in America :D And will only get better. Hang in there and remember we are here for you and all Americans.:yeadog: :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Rick & All,

I had ordered a 02 Z06 back in July through a local dealer, it was finally produced on 9/26 and arrived a week later (10/3). The dealer damaged the car as I was taking delivery :mad:. It was a very disappointing experience (first vette) for me and decided not to take the car when I was told take it or leave it (took them 3 days to fix the car). The kicker is I was treated like this after I had a good friend of mine buy a 02 coupe from them less than 5 days earlier.

In any case I searched for 02 Z06s and talked to you and the indication I got was there was no gaurentee of delivery by 10/31. I thought about waiting for 03. I searched a 500 mile radius (N VA) via gmbuypower and found one 01 Z06 300 miles away and plan on taking delivery over the weekend. I am almost paying MSRP :(.

Regards,

Nat

·
Registered
391 Posts
Already having a 2001 Z06 and not getting a decent trade in value is my deterent from getting a 2002. Want to make it as easy, and less time consuming as possible.

BTW I have intitiated a contact with 4 dealers who sell thru the internet on this and another forum and have received only one response. One states in a web page that out of state tradeins are welcome, but no response. Have had no success with the internet method.

Local dealers do not budge off of msrp.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Well, I've been looking to get a silver/black loaded z06, but have struck out so far. Everyplace I've tried (probably 20 total dealers) either:

(1) Doesn't have a silver/black Z06, and won't be getting any in time for the financing deal, or,

(2) Has one, but won't budge off MSRP. Nearby dealers (i'm in colorado) won't budge off MSRP+4 or 5K, and dealers in places like extreme northern manitoba :) won't budge off MSRP.

I checked with two forum dealers who were both helpful and curteous (Jason Walter went beyond the call of duty to help me out), but alas neither had a silver/black that I could take delivery of by the 31st.

Looking like I might end up having to wait to see what happens for the '03 model year. My getting an '02 was sort of predicated upon getting at least a few K under MSRP, and in time for the financing deal.

So I have to agree with whoever it was who said the the financing is great, but it's a wee bit tricky to actually take advantage of.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Of course the economy and uncertain times are impacting Z06 sales, but one reason I think calls have stopped is future buyers are waiting for the next GM deal....the low interest deal is about to run out and they are no Z06's avail, so why buy...why not wait to see what the Gen does next, but even when the General does move, collectively all the dealers will have to work harder to sell---more discounts...the economy is that bad + this bin laden idiot.

·
Registered
251 Posts
?????????????

Rick,
Failed to understand you response to my posting. I understood
the main topic of your original post being that YOUR POLL showed
that 83% of your responents said that events of 9-11-01 had
no effect on their spending plans.

My post simply confirmed your results, in regards to the local
situation. Others commented on heavy equipment, real estate,
etc.

The words "corvette", "ZO6", or "dealer fees" appeared nowhere
in my post, nor was it about allocations, cars on the lot, who has
sold the most, dealer policies, etc.

Bob

·
Registered
496 Posts
MY .02 cents

Well I agree that it can all be a matter of attitude. We are going ahead like nothing has happened. (I mean no disrespect) However we are also on pace for a good month in all respects. I would be lying if I said there weren't some areas that weren't a little worried about. But for the most part we are moving along well. I really do believe that our sales after the apr prog is up will do fine. The car is still a great car and regular rates are at a 30 year low.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts