Corvette Z06 Forum banner

01 Headers... will all bolt straight on?

938 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  MikeyB 
#1 ·
Header topics are done to death, and I have read them to death... but now I'm ready to purchase and I have one laaaaast question.

Mine is an 01, so I know I have the pup-cats. I can't afford the LGs, and the Dynatechs are still a couple hundred more than I want to spend, so I'm trying to pick up a used set of kooks. My understanding is that all three of these brands bolt right on -no cutting required- is that correct?

Will these bolt right on also? TPIS, FLP, SLP?

Thanks!

#4 ·
Ummm.... You can't bolt on long tubes without removing pup cats, can you? I don't think you can. Which means, you have to affect the smog legality of your car to go with long tubes. Don't know if that is an issue for you or not, but it is for me. We have emissions checks here, so I stuck with B&B Shorty headers. I gained some power for sure, and shed 18lbs at the same time.

#5 ·
Yes, adding long tubes on 01s require removing the pre-cats. However, the main cats are still in place and will most likely pass any states sniff test. The pre-cats were put on the 01s for "peace-of-mind" since they did not have time to fully test and be sure that it would be 50 state legal.

MikeyB said:
Ummm.... You can't bolt on long tubes without removing pup cats, can you? I don't think you can. Which means, you have to affect the smog legality of your car to go with long tubes. Don't know if that is an issue for you or not, but it is for me. We have emissions checks here, so I stuck with B&B Shorty headers. I gained some power for sure, and shed 18lbs at the same time.

#6 ·
you might consider b :usa: & b's new long tubes-i'm considering those for my 01-and i'm in kaleforneia....

#10 ·
REDLYNER said:
I'm not asking who has the "best" header, so there shouldn't be a "war". :thumb:

I am going to install these myself, so I don't want to cut anything. Just trying to find out which ones bolt right up!

See response #2 :ity:

#11 ·
bigbadbevo said:
When did B&B offer a LT? I thought they were only shorties. Any pricing and perf numbers out on them yet?
just saw new ad in latest "corvette enthusiast mag"..or go to billy boats website..
:)

#12 ·
MikeyB said:
Over on the east end of the state, they just read the computer now for emissions. In my last inspection, they did not even raise the hood. I can't see how you would have a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.