Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, looks like there are tons of experts here so here goes!
Just ordered an 2002, Electron Blue, I am #1 on the list (so I'm told). Now I'm thinkin (yes that's all that grinding and clanking noise you hear!) I'll probably keep it forever, and will have to eat PB&J's for my 3 squares for a while, but now I wondering if I can get a couple of large ones off on an '01 as the '02's start comomg out, and use those saved $'s to make the Haltech and whatever other mods come out between now and then, and STILL have a few more $'s in my pocket to feed my kids and dogs!
If I did go the '01 route I was considering a speedway white with red mod interior (yeah I know blah) but now it is a dc color, so...Anyway what do you guys think?
Think there will be some good deals later on this summer?
Will a grand or 2 get me the 02's 20 extra ponies?
Is white the least produced color and would that be a factor when I am dead and gone to my heirs (I know the official stats comes after production, but I don't see many of them here. Thanks for any help you cn provide.

·
Registered
0 Posts
fyrcaptain,

Welcome to the Forum!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

If you check out the Z06Vette.com Registry, you'll see that out of 200 registered Z06s, that only 15 of them are Speedway White. It is a rare color indeed. White will not be offered on the Z06 next year.

There are a few dealers out there that will discount the Zs a grand or two, but not many. I'm sure you could get a discount with a little leg work. The 1K-2K in mods will definitely make you just as quick as the '02, but the same mods on the '02 would boost it up there even more.

If it were me, I'd wait for the '02. They should be hitting the streets in about 3 months. Good luck with your decision!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hey, PBJ's aren't too bad. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif Nothing like a good Choke and Slide sandwich.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
You could probably acquire a 2001 today - they are available, and probably at a discount as was mentioned. It is hard to say what will happend with the '02.

I am pretty patient, however, so I could wait for a 2002, if I couldn't make a good deal on an '01.

·
Registered
528 Posts
No harm in shopping around. If you find a deal you like on a 2001 take it , or hold out for the 2002. I don't think you'll be disappointed either way. Bottom line is do what is best for you...
My two cents.

Welcome to the Forum. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

01 Z06 -MY/BLK,Zaino,Lowered,Ripper,Halltech Tric Ti,MAG,Magic Box - No time slips yet
92 RS ProStreet Camaro (454) - Best E.T to date 10.15 @ 136 mph

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Welcome!!!

I agree it's a tough call....the '02 will be improved, but you can probably get a deal now on an '01 without waiting for it....email me privately for help in getting a discount price on any C5, including a Z06.
I am always glad to help fellow Vet lovers save $$$ on their purchases.

Good luck!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts