Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please give me your input on what you guys think on this situation! I am able to lease a 01 z06 at $200 dollars less a month than an 02 z06 for the same amount of months, the only problem is that I want the one with more hp and my dad thinks that we should get the one that is less expensive and sacrafice the color we wanted to order. Please guys tell what you think I should do.

I always in favor of better things.:-?

·
Registered
495 Posts
PERSONAL OPINION,,,,OBVIOUSLY MONEY FACTORS INTO THE EQUATION OR YOU WOULDN'T HAVE MENTIONED IT SO I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOUR DAD,,GO WITH THE 01 ESPECIALLY DUE TO THE FACT THAT YOUR LEASING IT AND NOT GOING TO OWN IT ANY HOW,,,,LIKE I SAID,,,PERSONAL OPINION,,.

GOOD LUCK NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO
NICK :-? :-? :guiness:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Get the 01. 20HP really isn't that much, and theres a few tweaks you can do to get it up to the level of the 02.

I love my 01, and wouldn't consider trading it for an 02 at all.

J

·
0 Posts
Listen to your Dad..he's a smart man! And congratulations for asking him.

Your a good son..now do what he suggests and always remind he gave you such sage advice..

Fathers like that stuff. I bet he buys you your intake for those extra twenty hp!

Good luck..and remember the 2001 ZO6 is world renowned for its awesome performance...

If you get a chance check out the mulititude of reviews on the o1's..

The car is amazing..

Save the two hundred a month..is it new or used?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have a eb02 and love it but for $200 per month less I could be just as happy in an 01. Remember to thank God and your Dad that your able to be in position to make such a choice.
Good Luck, Be Safe and Have Fun.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I have to also agree with your father.

I recently purchased an 01 and saved over 10 Grand in the process.

I will spend a few grand over the next year or so on mods and be able to keep up with the 02's easily :D :D

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
I agree with your Father also! :yeadog: Go with the 01 and save the bucks for mods to go beyond the 02! :cheers:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I own an 01, but have the good fortune to drive an 02 on a regular basis, so I would definitely opt for the 01. That's $2400 less per year. Save the $2400 because the difference in overall performance is hard to measure.
Regards,
ZZERO6

1 - 8 of 8 Posts