Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have been reading everything on this forum for about two weeks now trying to decide if I want an 01 or 02 Z06.
I have three years Formula Ford experience (pre-wife and kids) and am now in a place in my life where I would like to get back on the track. I am looking for a daily driver I can take to a track about once a month to wet my appetite. Z06 seems to be the car.
Question is, do I get an 01 now (and save about $7k) or order an 02 an have to wait, wait, wait.
Anyone know what the SCCA T1 class rules are for upgrading the 01 to 02 specs?
Most of the differences between the two models seem like things I can easily upgrade myself with the possible exception of the tighter turning radius. Anyone know how chevy tightened the turning radius by 2ft?
Any comments on the topic would be appreciated.
Ffen

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Subdriver, I have not heard about the 2 ft steering thing. The 02' has HUD (heads up display) it is a great option to have, I have it on my convertible. There are some improvements in the suspension, cam and losing the pre cats, but really not that much difference, and as you say many of these items can be changed out, now getting 6k to 7k off the sticker helps loose the deprecation, there has been some oil useage problems on some 01' cars, but it tough to turn down that much off, but it seems that dealers are giving more money off the 02's than they did off the 01's at the same time last year.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read about the decreased turning diameter in the August C&D preview article on the 02 Z06. They say the turning diameter drops by 2.1 ft to 40.2 ft. Still not very impressive.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Subdriver...

Welcome & DITTO the above!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Subdriver,
I got the solution. BUY BOTH!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Then you can start comparing the differences and let us all know!!
See...that wasn't too hard /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Love my Z!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Subdriver, it's not so much the difference in price, as it is the difference in WAITING.
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts