Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
After driving Les' '02 Z, I had decided to buy the '02 shocks... I've had the '02 shocks in my garage for a couple of months now... just no time to have them installed I have only seen one post from someone who installed the '02 shocks on their '01 and said the improvement was positive... less road noise, etc. I got mine from Ken Fitchner.

Someday soon I'll have mine installed and will update.

Don

BOBSZ06 said:
Has anyone replaced the rear shocks on their `01 with the `02's..and I don't mean by buying the `02 Z06 :eek:

I'm under the impression the `02's give a better ride?

:z:

Moderator....Please delete tread. I tried but would'nt let me delete???? I found the answer searching.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Re: stiffer

People have/are experiencing wheel hop on the '01s. I personally have experienced wheel hop too when on the drag strip so buying '01s to eliminate wheel hop wont help ya.

I was hoping the '02 shocks would quell the wheel hop but have seen that '02s experience it also.

But the ride quality should be improved and thats why I bought them... the ride is still firm but it doesnt transmit some road noise that the '01s do.

don

vortech said:
Are the 01 shocks stiffer? I'll buy any used ones out there-hopefully that will get rid of the wheel hop when racing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts