Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strongly thinking of keeping my 01....I have and ATI P1 p.utting out 535 rwhp....Also have TPIS headers,and upgraded fuel delivery....Looking for ideas to promote longevity for the engine and maybe a few more horses also....What route should i take ?????

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I would built the bottom end and up the boost...not sure if that will help with longevity but, it sure would be fun! :coo: :D

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Pistons and rods, and maybe a few other goodies. Timing chain, clutch, output shaft, etc. Expect to be doing the same thing later this year.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
To me if your are going to do a forged motor, you might as well stick the boring bar in there and bore it out. Or drive it the way it is until you hole a piston etc. :idea:

·
Registered
830 Posts
How deep are your pockets

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I agree with case. :D

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:cheers:
Louis Rivera said:
How deep are your pockets
Pockets ane not deep....Just does not make sence to take a 25000 hit on my perfect 01...But, i know in time i will hurt the motor..So, at this point rods and pistons seem to be the route...I guess the compression ratio would be lowered a bit , say 9.5 to 1 with the forged pistons? Guess i could afford to give up a fe ponies...Also, would a hotter cam wash the hp i would loose with the lower cr? Just searching for a plan.....

·
Registered
109 Posts
go forged

I have a feeling that 535 rwhp is not the end of your mods if you keep the car. if you plan to go over 600 rwhp or 9 lbs of boost, definitely get it forged. If you don't lose the engine immediately you will shorten its life drastically. I'm at 563 rwhp now and will be getting 7xx rwhp soon, but in the process my engine is being forged.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Sturgeon

Who are you thinking about using to do the work? What are the details of your set-up?

Zrod

·
Registered
200 Posts
Some worked over 6L heads will help. So will Torco and a good tune.

Mark

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well, current longevity ends when you yank the motor to add the pistons... If you really want longevity, drive it til it breaks, then forge it, drop compression to 8.5 to one and push the boost up to 14#. You'll see closer to 600hp and have a strong engine. I'd say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. JMO...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts