Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had some Toyo Proxies installed on my 01 Z with 23K Miles and maybe it's just a coincidence but it rides really bouncy now over uneven pavement like my shocks are toasted.

I did a little archive search and most say you should get 30-50K Miles on stock shocks..... but I feel like I"m riding on auto-zone red-ryders after the Toyo install.

The worn F1's did not have the bouncy feel but there were very noisy and harsh riding.

The toyo's are less jarring, less noisy, decent grip dry, but now I feel like I"m in a 4x4 jeep when going over uneven payment AKA Houston I-59 or I-10.

Since it's now 2006 and the car is a 2001 are the shocks just worn out due to age and the 23K Miles? That's what it feels like.

OR do Toyo proxies stink in this regard..... my search here suggests the Toyos are great tires.....

OR did something happen to my suspension when my local Goodyear shop installed the Toyo's?

I literally get sea-sick riding down the highway right now..... I'm eating saltines as I right this... :drunk:

My choice is to either:

A. Dump the Toyos for some new F1's. OR

B. Get some 04 Z shocks.

What-cha-think?

Thanks Z06vette! :z:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
$$

Where's the best place to get 04 Z06 shocks these days?

I might try these first.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Check your air pressure. It should be 30lbs :cheers:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THanks

IT-L-GO - Thanks.... my handling/ride are BACK!

Good-year had the pressure jacked up to 35psi.......!!!

Alls well.

Jeff

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Z06APPEAL said:
IT-L-GO - Thanks.... my handling/ride are BACK!

Good-year had the pressure jacked up to 35psi.......!!!

Alls well.

Jeff
Glad it was an easy fix :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts