Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a silver '01 with 4,500 miles. The owner had the column lock problem fixed by the dealership. I personally know the owner and he has never abused the car in any way. It has no mods and has been kept in his garage here in South Florida. What is a fair price for this vehicle?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Low 30s. I'd inquire to why the Extremely Low Mileage.

"Garage Queens" can be Dangerous.

Was the Z started on a regular basis, & more importantly DRIVEN.
There may be Potential Leaks, Rubber doesn't last Forever.

Good Luck on your Potential Purchase :z:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought my 01 Z06 last year with 7800 miles for $30k. Check the VIN at a GM dealer for service history. Also it seems that later produced 01's have less issues (mine was made 5/01 which is towards the end of 01 production). Check the month/year of build in the driver's door or through the VIN. I love my 01 Z, great car.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
$29k-$31k

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
If it's a Cherry and it sounds like it is, 30 to 31G's. Now that being said I would pay another 1 to 2 thousand more for a 2002 and get all the upgrades that with the newer model such as

Here are some/most of the differences

differences between 2001 & 2002 & up:
1. The LS6 engine standard in the Z06 increased from 385 to 405 horsepower. Torque increased from 385 to 400 lb-ft.
2. Front fender badges for Z06 models included the 405 HP designation.
3. LS6 exhaust back pressure was reduced by 16%
4. Cam shaft was redesigned resulting in increased lift and a 5% increase in air flow
5. Valve spring material composition was changed to increase seat load by 14%.
6. LS6 intake and exhaust valves were a new, lighter design.
7. The valvetrain weight was reduced by 0.81 pounds, which improved valve seating at high rpm.
8.Airflow over the LS6 MAF sensor was increased by removing gridwork
9. MAF software was recalibrated
10. LS6 aircleaner housing had a larger intake
11. Wheels looked the same BUT they were cast spun instead of forged for a weight savings of 1.3 pounds per car
12. rear shock valving was changed
13. Improved clutch
14. Ticker front anti-sway bar
15. New front brake pads
16. HUD was standard

:cheers:

·
Registered
968 Posts
1turbo said:
Low 30s. I'd inquire to why the Extremely Low Mileage.

"Garage Queens" can be Dangerous.

Was the Z started on a regular basis, & more importantly DRIVEN.
There may be Potential Leaks, Rubber doesn't last Forever.

Good Luck on your Potential Purchase :z:
In the olden days! Seals,gaskets are much improved today NO problems with garage Queens,Just brand new cars that bring more $$$$!! :jammin:

·
Registered
119 Posts
try the edmunds or kelly blue book website for pricing information.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You really shoudn't go much (if anything) over $28,500 for the car. Fact is '02's with around 10K or less on the clock are generally bringing 30.5-31K at major auctions. If you can't put a deal that saves you at least a couple grand when moving on a low mileage straight '01 you probably should look for a similar condition/mileage (& more desirable) '02 model instead. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
VetterMan said:
You really shoudn't go much (if anything) over $28,500 for the car. Fact is '02's with around 10K or less on the clock are generally bringing 30.5-31K at major auctions. If you can't put a deal that saves you at least a couple grand when moving on a low mileage straight '01 you probably should look for a similar condition/mileage (& more desirable) '02 model instead. Good luck.

Excellent point... :cheers:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well thanks for all the input. I'm officially a Z06 owner. I couldn't pass up this deal.....got her for $20,000. Great investment. Now I can use the $$$ I saved on the purchase to put a few mods on her. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Thanks again for all the help.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
FL Z06 said:
Well thanks for all the input. I'm officially a Z06 owner. I couldn't pass up this deal.....got her for $20,000. Great investment. Now I can use the $$$ I saved on the purchase to put a few mods on her. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Just making sure it wasn't a typo...you paid $20k for an 01 Z06 w/ 4500 miles...if you did you stole that car. I'd sell it for a $9-$10k profit and buy and 02-03...Congrats!

·
Registered
787 Posts
$20,000 !!??!! Yikes!!! That's some deal if it isn't a typo :)

·
Registered
971 Posts
You just pocketed a very easy 10k. More if you sold it out in California on the coast.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
FL Z06 said:

Welcome Aboard the Good Shop Z06 :z: :z:

Bring it on out to the Tower Shops on Friday night so we check it out. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts