Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys............i'm about 2 months away from buying an 01' Z06 and have been doing alot of research on exhaust systems for it. I've accomplished nothing thus far and was hoping you guys could help point me in the right direction. I'm looking for the LOUDEST MOST BURLIEST CAT-BACK EXHAUST out there that is street legal in california. Please let me know what I should get. THANKYOU

DARRELL

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
yellowvette said:
hey guys............i'm about 2 months away from buying an 01' Z06 and have been doing alot of research on exhaust systems for it. I've accomplished nothing thus far and was hoping you guys could help point me in the right direction. I'm looking for the LOUDEST MOST BURLIEST CAT-BACK EXHAUST out there that is street legal in california. Please let me know what I should get. THANKYOU

DARRELL
Well there's an oxymoron, loudest exhaust legal in Cali. I think the CA limit is 98db, and with that you cannot get the loudest exhaust out there. Try anything Corsa IMO.

·
Registered
878 Posts
i have b & b prt's with x-pipe on my 01-love the sound, rich , loud ,but no reasonance.. i have a partition and it works great with the prt's...still hold a conversation with a passager or your cell..if you want louder than this go with the b & b bullets IMO :thumb:

·
Registered
940 Posts
yellowvette said:

DARRELL
B&B PRT with L.G. long tubes with no cats. Very loud and burly! If you want hear for your self pm me and we can meet up. Later Brandon619

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is the b & b triflow bullet exhaust system street legal?? apparently it has some of the best performance ratings and has an extremely loud reputation (exactly what im looking for). I just don't know whether or not it is street legal. please let me know. thanx

darrell

·
Registered
878 Posts
i bought my prt system thru wcc west coast corvette,and had ed hanson muffler in spring valley do the x-pipe and install-he knows vetts well...he makes a custom x-pipe and install and it cost about $180 total -most x pipes cost more than that vs his set-up-
i love the sound of mine-its not as loud as the bullets-but you will get reasonance with the bullets-and a drone when your running on the frwy..if not i recommend what i have the prt's..great sound and you might pick up 5-7hp with the x-pipe together..
another suggestion is take a ride with somebody who has the bullets on-it might help with the decision.. good luck, ed hanson has a website..:coo:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts