Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an option to get an 01'z06 at $10k below sticker with 200 miles or I can get a brand new 02z at sticker. Is there a major difference in performance between the two?? 20hp difference doesn't sound that much to me but has anyone driven the two and noticed the difference?? Or has anyone raced the 2 side by side and noticed a difference??

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I also got a great deal on the 01...the only major diff is the heads up display. The differences in performance are minor and can be equalized with a few mods. I also believe the 01 model will be worth more to collectors down the road.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I also would recommend getting the 01. Not only do you save the 10k or so, you will not experience the massive first yr depreciation. If you do no mods, 10k will buy you a lot of road trips! Or, at 25 mpg and 1.55 per gal, 10k will buy you 6,451 gal of fuel or 161,290 miles of travel.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Go for the 01!:yeadog: 10 g's will buy intake, headers, xpipe, shifter, and head and cam package if you think you need it! There are several 01's on this Forum that have done 11's with intake and DR's(and one with just a ripper shifter and a K&N?). Haven't heard of any 02's getting there yet. :-? Even though they aren't that far off of making it to the 11's.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I would go with the 01 just for the fact the it does not have the HUD. I don't know if you have driven a Corvette with the Heads Up, but the reflection on the windsheild(even when it is not in use) would drive me craZy. One of the reasons they did not put it in the 01s. And for the 02, it was a 50/50(GM) split decision as to go with it or not, and they left it up to us consumers. More wanted it than not. If you haven't driven a Vette with it, do so. Just my 2 cents worth ;)

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Having owned both I would save the 10 large unless a color issue is involved.

The '02 "hunkers or tucks down" down at WOT nicer than the '01 and sounds meaner stock. I could not feel a difference in SOTP power between both years when I compared. Fubu/Les:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts