Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
02,03 shocks VS. 04?

What can I expect swithcing from 02 to 04 ZO6 shocks? Can there really be that big of a difference that It would be worth my time, money and effort to upgrade? Also, my car is a daily driver so how hard is the installation? Thanks! :zboobie: :usa:

·
Registered
91 Posts
The install is not that hard and I believe there is a good tutorial on doing the job yourself. The "zip-tie" to hold the front shocks compressed worked really well. I noticed better track performance, especially in how the rear of the car stayed planted in a turn and really no ill street driving effects.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
IMHO,

'04 shocks are a good idea, if you track the car and live where the roads are fairly smooth. The ride is a little harsher(sp?) overall. As stated above, the rear stays planted better in turns, especially under acceleration or where the road is bumpy or there is loose debris. If you don't track the car and have mostly rough roads, I'd say no.

Zip ties are a must unless you are Herculean.

Good luck.

:)

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
You will notice quite a difference at higher speeds on roads that are a little bumpy. The rear seems to really suck to the ground more the faster you go and feels more stabil. After a few weeks of driving on them they will also settle a little more from new and you will notice the difference in height.

Jack

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I did it to my 02. The improvement was significant. I was actually quite surprised at how happy I was with the change. Well worth the time/effort/expense.

·
Registered
596 Posts
RocketSled said:
I did it to my 02. The improvement was significant. I was actually quite surprised at how happy I was with the change. Well worth the time/effort/expense.
I agree! I did the switch and it was well worth the money. Good Luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like I may start looking arround for a good deal! :ity: Thanks! :z:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
RocketSled said:
Ditto. After changing to the '04s, I was at Pocono and forgot to turn off TC in one session. Sadly to say this was not the first time ( :blush: ), the difference was the tires stayed planted and I did not discover my error for close to 10 minutes on the track. Well worth it. :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts