Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any diffrence between the two years?? my friend found a good deal on a 02 and was wondering if he should pay more for a 03 or 04. tks guys

Rob

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Later 03's and all 04's got steel shift forks and the new FFS fuel system. :cheers:

·
Registered
437 Posts
When looking at an 02 vs and 03, I would be more concerned about mileage and condition.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
rpallas said:
The '03 is the 50 th Anniversary model and in another 50 years will be the bi-centineal model! :eek: :roll:

Bob :cheers:
The bicentennial corvette won't be out for another 147 years. The centennial vette is to what you are referring. :crazy:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
John Youngblood said:
When looking at an 02 vs and 03, I would be more concerned about mileage and condition.
I agree :cheers:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
IT L GO said:
Later 03's and all 04's got steel shift forks and the new FFS fuel system. :cheers:
How do you know which you have? and whats considered a late 03?

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
The shift fork change I believe happened in August of 03'. I was told this by the GM Rep when they replaced my Tranny that month...

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Tom Fuscaldo said:
The shift fork change I believe happened in August of 03'. I was told this by the GM Rep when they replaced my Tranny that month...

Not your tranny also!!! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Millenium Z06 said:
How do you know which you have? and whats considered a late 03?
Steel shift forks were in February, 2003. Fuel system changeover was around VIN number ending in 35114929, built on November 22, 2002. You should look in your glove box for the service part identification label. You will find FFS on the label. Some reports show it starting with vin 111542. However not all FFS cars got the new label. Car's with the FFS fuel system do not have a serviceable fuel filter which in now located in the tank. The earlier non FFS cars, the filter is located just before the left rear wheel. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
IT L GO said:
Steel shift forks were in February, 2003. Fuel system changeover was around with VIN number ending in 35114929, built on November 22, 2002. You should look in your glove box for the service part identification label. You will find FFS on the label. Some reports show it starting with vin 111542. However not all FFS cars got the new label. Car's with the FFS fuel system do not have a serviceable fuel filter which in now located in the tank. The earlier non FFS cars, the filter is located just before the left rear wheel. :cheers:
Good info Thanks..

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Tom Fuscaldo said:
More insulation in the head liner of the 03' and 04' compared to the 02'. Not that it really matters... :D
Actually it does if you are tall. At 6'4" and with a helmet on, the '02 Z is just fine, but much tighter in the '03/'04's You lose close to 1/2 inch of clearance. Believe it or not the change is due to head protection rules that the government passed - it only applied to the Z model since the couple has a removable panel and is considered a convertible as far as the standard goes... :screwy:

The situation is even worse for the C6 Z06.

·
Registered
171 Posts
While there are modest differences (some are listed above) between 02 and 03---there are small differences between all model years, sometimes even "model months" for that matter---in a general sense, there are no significant differences between MY02 and 03. The significant differences in C5Z06es are 01 and 02 (the engine) and 03 and 04 the (suspension and the availabllity of Z16)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts