Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a Z06 this summer and being a current '97 LT1 firebird owner, I don't know much about the C5s. I do know there is a issue with some '01s consuming oil; but what about '02+ models? Are there any problems with the later models that I should be aware of? Are there any differences between the '02-04 Zs? Thanks in advance for the help guys.

I'm looking forward to becoming a vette owner!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The '02 and early '03 Z06 vettes had issues with the 3-4 shift fork getting bent in the transmission (Aluminum fork vs Steel fork). Other than that, their pretty much problem free.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Sold an 02 with 8K miles and have an 04 with 4k miles. The only problems have been minor. The greatest problem was a hazard switch which disabled the turn signals, it was the 04 with 200 miles on it.

Both cars had either a power window or door lock go out.

Other than that they have been absolutely awesome! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Haven't had any major issues with my '02. I did have to change the battery, it went south with no warning. That seems to be fairly common with the stock batt. Just got rid of the annoying exhaust "jingle". GM came out with a TSB to fix it a while back so it was done under warranty. Had a door control module changed for a door lock problem. No oil consumption issues at all. That's about it, not bad over a 3 year period. :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts