Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car may see some occasional drag strip use. Mostly it will just be a weekend toy running the stock tires or maybe some Nitto R2s. Will the '02 clutch be OK for this level of power?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
It won't hold up long, I wouldn't change it until the stock one goes and then take a look at the new Aussie clutch that coming on the market. :cheers:

·
Registered
830 Posts
I went with the LUK Pro Gold

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
You will certainly need a clutch soon. The stock clutch will put up with that level of power for a little while, but not for long. Mine is shot. I have to replace it and I'm procrastinating because I dont want to make the wrong choice. I recently drove a friends Cartek 441 car with the Cartek clutch and liked the feel and how it handled the power. Lou seems to really like his Luk. I've heard mixed reviews on the Spec 3, some good some bad, I still dont know what to do. But I have to do something before Hooter's...

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'm running 490hp crank. Been on the stock clutch ~5000 miles when stock, 4000 miles modified to that level. Clutch has seen the track one time and I am hard on it on the street. Has held up so far, though. Add another 50hp, can't really tell you much, but I'm sure it'd last just the same. I know guys with heads/cam with nitrous on top that have the stock clutch and have had no problems. Until you need to replace it, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jagrmaister said:
Until you need to replace it, I wouldn't worry about it.
Well, I have an '01 and the clutch will be changed to a new '02 while the engine is out. I'm just taking advantage of the free labor.
Do the aftermarket ones mentioned still feel like stock?
I wouldn't mind spending a few more bones for a stronger setup... I just don't want a clutch that shudders or is grabby.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I run the Cartek Clutch in my car, over 200+ runs at 6 k off the line.. Love it.. drive it to work on good days with no problems in traffic at all.

Ernie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts