Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

With some talk about the "abuse management" function kicking in under severe (how do you define this?) wheel-hop, I'm trying to see if any of you have actually encountered this while on the bottle. From what I've read, when this does activate (and only for a split second), the computer cuts FUEL to the motor (instead of timing...don't get me started on the critique on this aspect!:mad: ).

Anyway, with the popular nitrous kits available, they are all "wet" kits, so there's always some fuel being injected outside of what is flowing through the 8 injectors. However, no one wants to go "boom", especially if they are like me and meticulously set up the kit to be extremely safe and fool-proof (yes, it can be done for those who doubt).

I'm going to exclusively run the car on street tires...probably no drag radials. I'll use the nitrous on the occassional trip to the strip and when I run into a 600rwhp Mustang/F-body/Viper. :) It will not be activated in 1st gear and not until deep into 2nd after the car has achieved traction. However, if the hit causes the tires to light up _and_ causes wheel-hop...this could potentially lead to a problem.

Hoping for some help here. Thanks,

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wes,

I suggest you check out the latest episode of "Crank & Chrome" on the TNT network. They installed a wet kit from Texas Nitrous Technologies (TNT) on a 2000 C5 vert and did a before and after Dynojet comparison. I was very impressed by the whole affair and the install looked primo. Using the 100hp jets, they picked up about 125RWHP and 200+RWTQ (can't remember the exact numbers). This put the car at about 420RWHP and in the low 500 for RWTQ. They used a window switch to turn the system on at 3000rpm and then off at 5900rpm and only at WOT. They mounted the arming switch in the ashtray.

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

I was planning on using the TNT kit, and mounting all the necessary switches in the ashtray.

The local dyno shop carries these kits and I've seen a number of them installed, and the nice power results.

Built in safeties like window switches, etc are no-brainers and really mandatory, IMHO.

However, I'm concerned with things that I cannot control...e.g.: "abuse management".

Road surface/temp can certainly dictate whether the tires spin hard in 2nd or possibly in 3rd. I don't want to burn a piston b/c of some silly program in the ECM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts