Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pics of my shorty headers installed.
Thanks to frank for the help with the pics!!!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don,
The B&Bs were a piece of stainless steel artwork on the outside, but as anal as I am, I wanted the inside to look purty too:D I had a friend that owns a machine shop clean up the insides (weld splatter rough edges on the pipes coming into the collector)
Then I sent them off the JetHot to be coated.
One issue was there was a piece of metal at the end of one of the 02 sensor ports that prevented the 02 sensor from screwing all the way in (back to the machine shop to grind that out, should have checked that out myself, my bad). Last thing I worked on this evening was the oil tube, had to gently bend it ever so slightly, fit back in fine, but it looks like the bracket is off about a 1/2 an inch from the bolt hole. Yep, you know where I'm going this week:D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Watch out for oil dip stick tube leaks, they can be tough to seal back up. You should have noticed it was a little tough to get it out. The factory usually does a pretty good job sealing them up. Am I right?

I'm trying to use the thumb nails to see the rest but I can't get it to work, I can see Don527's reference, that looks good, but I wanta see more! more, more.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Any horsepower gains? I have talked to a couple of "Tuners" who claim that shorties are cosmetic only. Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dawewbers,
Cosmetic is fine for me, they look cool too:D

Halltech got a 3hp gain when he tested them

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THANKS!!

IMA,

It's F Y R ( sounds like F I R E ) as in sirens, hose, water,

ladders, axes, etc. bro!

I am not a captain of the fry cooks OK:)

·
Registered
638 Posts
3 hp for the money?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
02ZO6 said:
3 hp for the money?

Your not listening, I think they're cooooooooooooooool:D
My money too;)

Someone did a post about weight savings and horsepower gained, but with my CRS disease I can't remember what the figure was:eek:

H

·
0 Posts
I posted that

With the 3.1 HP Gain and the loss of 15# that is equivalent to 5 to 6 HP.

3.1 RWHP=3.65 HP at the flywheel
15 lbs on the Z06=2 HP equivalent

Very soon we will have the numbers on the Borla Headers on our 2002.

They dynoed at 14+ RWHP on the 2001 Borla tested last week when we were there.

The Borla XR Stinger exhaust package should be worth 20+ RWHP since the XR exhaust made 9.5 RWHP on our 2002.

Very sweet numbers.

I agree that the B&Bs are very nicely made, but wait until you see our numbers with the Borlas.

For $1100 (the cost of the B&B Headers) and $200 coating cost, you can purchase the Halltech's Borla STinger-R package ($999.00) which includes both the exhaust and the headers, and have $300.00 left over to purchase the Halltech T-1C coming out in about 2 weeks.

Jim

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Fyrcaptain. Whos ignition wires are you using?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Baron said:
Fyrcaptain. Whos ignition wires are you using?
Baron,
They are Taylors. Richard at Exit 28

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BOO HOO HOO

Halltech said:
With the 3.1 HP Gain and the loss of 15# that is equivalent to 5 to 6 HP.

3.1 RWHP=3.65 HP at the flywheel
15 lbs on the Z06=2 HP equivalent
Thanks Jim

Halltech said:

Very soon we will have the numbers on the Borla Headers on our 2002.

They dynoed at 14+ RWHP on the 2001 Borla tested last week when we were there.

The Borla XR Stinger exhaust package should be worth 20+ RWHP since the XR exhaust made 9.5 RWHP on our 2002.

Very sweet numbers.

I agree that the B&Bs are very nicely made, but wait until you see our numbers with the Borlas.

For $1100 (the cost of the B&B Headers) and $200 coating cost, you can purchase the Halltech's Borla STinger-R package ($999.00) which includes both the exhaust and the headers, and have $300.00 left over to purchase the Halltech T-1C coming out in about 2 weeks.
Hey Jim you're killin me:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

If you can get Borla to do that cat back with FOUR of ANY kind of pipe(preferably round or oval), I AM IN!!!!
Was it as loud as the SLP is??

Never fails I bought a Sony Betamax, and 8 track:(
I must learn that all good things come to those that wait:guiness:

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
From what I have seen, shorty headers don't add any power (they may even lose torque, which is not what I want to do). They do seem to be cosmetic only. No big - to each his own :cheers:

Now, on any headers I would probably advise the use of wire boot protectors - we sell them in our store and I'm sure other vendors probably do too (maybe even at cost, which they seem to sell a lot of products for ;) ) I wouldn't want to see you burn up a wire during a high performance event - its probably wise to protect them from the heat.

If you want to see a picture of my wire boot protectors installed next to my long tube headers, let me know.

Enjoy!

:cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts