Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I went to my Viper Vs vette shoot out over the weekend and won with a 11.410 at 126 on the 75 shot on N20 on the stock tires, what a rush. Not to mention I blew off a 11.936 at 119 mph on the motor alone. Well Jim you can add me to the list in the 11 second club.

http://www.opticwebsolutions.com/ssm/index.html

:guiness: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
WAY :cool: man!!!!!!!!! Keep it up!

Andy
02 T/R Z06

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Sweet! OpticZ06 where is your bottle located? How is it secured?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Optic

Please tell us the OTHER mods you have...........
Running a 11.9, was that stock, no mods, no air box, no intake??.
Curious.........;)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BADASSZ06 said:
What kit did you use?
The mods on the car are

Halltech bottom breather:
X pipe
Long tubes headers "-7 hp on the dyno not worth it"
B and M ripper

I was running the 75 shot in the NX "Nitrous Express" kit. The car is strong but still has problems with the 02's and power numbers going up and down. I am happy for now.

:cheers:

G

·
Congratulations Sean!

Now we have Three eleven second Crew Shirts to get ready. Call Pam at 714-379-8200 or email her at [email protected] to give her your shirt size.

I'll have a picture later today of these very nice 11 Second Club Crew Shirts.

Best

Jim Hall
Halltech Systems, Inc.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
OpticZ06 said:

X pipe
Long tubes headers "-7 hp on the dyno not worth it"
Optic,
What kind of headers do you have? I'm kicking around putting headers on my car in the spring, but I've heard pros and cons. I had B&B short tubes on my '01 and I should have done more research before I went with them. I know I want coated long tubes for the '02, but I sure can't see a hp LOSS!:-?
Thanks,

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Z06 Tom said:

Optic,
What kind of headers do you have? I'm kicking around putting headers on my car in the spring, but I've heard pros and cons. I had B&B short tubes on my '01 and I should have done more research before I went with them. I know I want coated long tubes for the '02, but I sure can't see a hp LOSS!:-?
Thanks,
I use the TTS long tube headers, I know people who make more power with them but I didnt but I am still tracking problems with my car as well.

Optic:cheers:

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
OpticZ06 said:
Well I went to my Viper Vs vette shoot out over the weekend and won with a 11.410 at 126 on the 75 shot on N20 on the stock tires, what a rush. Not to mention I blew off a 11.936 at 119 mph on the motor alone. Well Jim you can add me to the list in the 11 second club.

:guiness: :cheers: :cheers:
Optic,

Excellent times. Did you ever run the car when it was bone stock?

What was the air like when you ran the times above? Obviously, this will have a greater affect on N/A times than the nitrous runs, but I'm curious.

Assuming your car runs about like everyone else's that's stock (115+mph), then I'd say your Halltech, x-pipe and long tubes are worth some substantial gains...at least on _this_ particular run. I know you're still fighting some issues with the computer, but I'd be willing to bet on at least the N/A run that the headers were actually helping you...not costing you 7+rwhp.

Just an observation and my $.02. Bolting on those three items and running 119mph through the traps is excellent, IMHO.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Didn't Rippied.Z06 say he saw 19Hp increase with his DRM long tube headers.

Losing 7 to gaining 19 is quite a difference.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had a 01 and the long tubes gave me a bunch of hp the 02 I have now is the problem, as for the temp it was 60 out and all I know is the car laid down 366 to the Rear whells that morning. Hell the damn thing made 371.9 with just the Halltech and nothing else. Im not sure here but I have seen and heard of 02's going 119 with just the halltech. Im sure I will find the problem soon.:cheers:

·
Registered
14 Posts
:cheers: screaming times optic, cant wait to see our shirts. Just my guess, but maybe with the added intake air,headers and x pipe you may be going a little lean,and your car could be retarding the timing a little. I heard the 2002's have smaller injcectors and the fuel maps may be trimed a little leaner to keep the car running clean( no pup converters,more agressive cam). Have you checked your a/f ratios on the dyno?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts