Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 02 Z06 to the track for the first time. I've only had it for about 3 months and havnt driven it much due to the weather so I dont think I did half bad. Wondering if anybody has some comments on my time as I plan on going back with the same mods until I get an 11 second pass before doing anything else. Also untuned since the header/intake install. FYI it was 43 degrees, I was on stock F1 supercars at 29-30 psi.

60'- 2.109
330- 5.479
1/8- 8.199
MPH- 92.37
1000-10.504
1/4- 12.404
MPH-116.04

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Considering the Track temp and the F1's with your 60' time of 2.1, I'd say that 11's are definitely possible. :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
IT L GO said:
Considering the Track temp and the F1's with your 60' time of 2.1, I'd say that 11's are definitely possible. :yeadog:

I'd say that's pretty damn good for the first time out. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
bonerben said:
Took my 02 Z06 to the track for the first time. I've only had it for about 3 months and havnt driven it much due to the weather so I dont think I did half bad. Wondering if anybody has some comments on my time as I plan on going back with the same mods until I get an 11 second pass before doing anything else. Also untuned since the header/intake install. FYI it was 43 degrees, I was on stock F1 supercars at 29-30 psi.

60'- 2.109
330- 5.479
1/8- 8.199
MPH- 92.37
1000-10.504
1/4- 12.404
MPH-116.04

You're not going to post that time slip where you ran against my 20 something second run, are you ?:lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Ok....where did you guys go? Didn't know the tracks were open yet. Just to plug April 24th...at Capital Raceway in Crofton, my club has rented the track for a Vette/FBody/Mustang/Viper shootout. Look in the Mid-Atlantic section for specifics. :D

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
MSiska said:
Ok....where did you guys go? Didn't know the tracks were open yet. Just to plug April 24th...at Capital Raceway in Crofton, my club has rented the track for a Vette/FBody/Mustang/Viper shootout. Look in the Mid-Atlantic section for specifics. :D
well long story, It was in Cecil County, I never been there before, I all started when I swapped out to the DR sat. night before going out, then after only a short sleep I got up exited to go to Capitol, which was suppose to be open the 6th, then changed to yesterday(the 13th) but when I got there It was closed(due to track temps., but they knew the temps on saturday, oh well) Then some guys there told me about MIR, but it was dial up, and Im not any good with my Z06 yet, so It would be pointlless, they told me about a track up north that was doing test and tune, so me already going through all that went up for the ride, got there 2:30 and track closed at 4pm :pp:

So that means on that 24th, if I go up to Capitol I cant race? because its already taken :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We went to Cecil County Dragway, no other tracks in the area opened due to the temperature.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
So that means on that 24th, if I go up to Capitol I cant race? because its already taken :(
Why not...All Vettes are included. There will be a Fun Show also.

Check out my sticky thread in the Mid-Atlantic section.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Oh yeah....I should mention that Ranger, Ernie King and Steve Row will be there. :thumb:
Three of the premier racers in our area that own vettes! :D

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
MSiska said:
Oh yeah....I should mention that Ranger, Ernie King and Steve Row will be there. :thumb:
Three of the premier racers in our area that own vettes! :D

cool :thumb: , I think I met Ranger when I went back the first time to the track after over 2 years, I went to him to ask him how could I stop the wheel hoping, I was running like 13s, and he told me to baby it down the track :jawdrop: , and Im one never to not try something, so I did and I started to knock down my time and that's where my adventure began to get into the 11s stock :thumb: thanx Ranger, If that was you :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts