Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, November 9, 2002, I picked up my first 'vette- a '02 TR/Blk Z06 w/ all but BSM. It had 4.7 miles on it. I am 57, but felt like a teenager as I drove it off the lot for the 225 mile trip home from Atlantic City to South Riding, VA. Bad! Wow!

I had originally ordered one from a local dealer on Sep 26 and was expecting delivery about Jan 15 (DRJGDN). While off work on Thursday afternoon, I pulled up to a light next to a beautiful Blk/Blk Z06. I honked and the driver rolled down his window. I told him what a nice car he had and asked how old it was and where he bought it. He advised he bought it in Atlantic City at the world's largest 'vette dealer about two weeks ago. I told him about my order. The light turned and he was gone. I noticed he had the dealer's rear license frame. I went home and found the dealer on the web; called them and learned they had just received the car I wanted (sans BSM) that morning. I got the details and decided to give some thought about what to do. At work on Friday it hit me. I called them back and told them I would pick it up as soon as I could get there. It was being backed out of the wash-stall as I pulled in. I got butterflies in my stomach. It is gorgeous. I spent about 40 minutes going over the car, but didn’t find anything worthy of note. We closed the deal (0%) and I took off. Mostly freeway driving, but I was constantly changing loads on the engine- upshifting, downshifting, varying speeds from 50 to ???. Never touched 3500 rpm.

Went out and ate my oatmeal in it this morning.

First impression after 225 miles: This car is a big, beautiful, noisy, torque-laden, powerful beast. I think this is the beginning of something very good. I love the heads-up display and found it easy to drive after the first few minutes.

Gotto41 is no longer “Z06 ordered”. It’s now “ROSSO Z”…

Thanks to all of you who contribute to this site. I’ve learned a lot. Car plans: Exhaust plate, floor mats, sill guards, Corvette Guard, and some brand of cleaner and wax. My ’99, 4 cyl. Camry LE now has a garage mate.

:)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Be careful not to get a speeding ticket..It just makes you want to drive it fast to hear that deep sounding exhaust tone go louder and louder..Enjoy!!!:guiness:

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Nice write up and congrats on the new Z06. Too bad about the color though. :p Sounds like you are breaking it in perfectly. ENJOY. :cheers:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Went out and ate my oatmeal in it this morning.

That's gotta be the most interesting impact statement I have heard. I think we can make up an entire campaign around this line for GM.

Anyone that can do that and then admit to this in public is a guy that I respect.

Way to go.

You are now an official Zbro.

(Zeebro) :cheers:

Went out and ate my oatmeal in it this morning. That's terrific. Anybody have their Wheaties in their car after they took delivery ?

I love this board.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Congratulations!

Remember, use that Camry when it rains:D
:cheers: :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts