Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Troll Exterminator
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
’02 Z06 Quicksilver/Black

Pristine and potent, this Z06 is the perfect balance of practicality and performance. Its modifications are more than sufficient to missile you down the ¼ mile in the low 11s, impress passengers with stomach-tickling bursts at WOT, and serve up frame-twisting response with every stomping of the go-pedal. Yet, nothing is sacrificed in driveability or reliability. The car behaves like a gruff gentleman under light throttle, transforming into a melodically screaming Mr. Hyde when your foot grows heavier and awakens the cam. Exhilaration without overkill.

Mods are as follows:

- Custom ground Cartek Cam
- ASP underdrive pulley
- Reinforced valve train
- FLP Longtube headers, w/offroad pipes installed and w/o cats (brand new hi flo cats are included with car)
- Vararam Cold Air Intake
- 4.10 gears
- Hardened output shaft
- 160 degree Hypertech thermostat
- Cartek clutch
- NGK plugs

408 RWHP/390 RWTQ

All work done by Cartek

I’ll also throw in a pair of barely used BFG drag radials mounted on 17” ZR-1 rims. If you plan on tracking the car, this combo provides some nice bite.

Miles: 12,200

Price: $33,000

Shoot me a message here or via PM if interested.

·
Troll Exterminator
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello and thanks to everyone who responded.

For those who requested pics . . . I attempted to send each of you a zip file containing several pics last night that was apparently corrupt and, hence, could not be opened. In a couple cases, the mail was flat out returned to me. I'll resend the pics this evening (they're on my home computer and I'm at work now) by attaching them individually rather than zipping them. Sorry about that. Look for a mail from me tonight with the pics.

Sold:

Yes, I do have a stack of slips laying around that I can scan. There are also a number of people on this forum who have personally seen the car run.

Leslie:

Hey there! How are you? I truly love the setup on this car. Plenty of get-up and go and as reliable as stock. It's going to be painful to see her go. :( But when things like buying houses and, uh, large rings begin to take place all at the same time, you have to modify your priorities and your cash flow. I'm just hoping the depression of being Zless doesn't last until I can get myself in a new one. ;) Hope all's well with you.

David

·
Registered
122 Posts
David Fogel said:
Hello and thanks to everyone who responded.

Sold:

Yes, I do have a stack of slips laying around that I can scan. There are also a number of people on this forum who have personally seen the car run.

David
So what has it run?

Best?

And avg?

TIA

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I can attest to the fact that this car is simply awesome!!! It was at my house for few days and the car is just spectacular. The paint and interior are in excellent condition. It's got a nice cam and the stock Ti exhaust makes it sound exotic. I seriously considered buying the car myself but I already have a couple of two-seater toys and I've run out of trailer/garage space.

Whoever buys this car won't be disappointed. I know I sure as hell wouldn't be.

I was there when Brent clicked off low 11 second runs. Not bad considering this was done on DRs. Put a set of ET Streets on this biotch and you'll be knocking on 10s' door. No joking, Robz has a similar setup and his car ran 10.97 on ET Streets.

·
Troll Exterminator
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So what has it run?

Best?

And avg?

TIA
As Paul said above, the best time was clicked off by Brent, which was 11.32 at 119.50. When you consider that Paul, in his bolt-on only Z06 (prior to it being transformed into Satan himself) ran about the same time (on ET Streets), the fringes of 10s don't seem out of reach if you went to a stickier, more malleable tire. Then again, Paul's an otherwordly driver himself, so his incredible bolt-on only time becomes more expected than surprising.

As for average, well, if you want a precisely factored average of every run the car has made, that may require a couple days, both to search for all the slips and then do the math. Off the top of my head, I'd say the average has been the higher range of low 11s to the lower range of mid 11s (on DRs). Throw on some ET streets and a driver of Paul or Brent's caliber could flirt with 10s.

NinePoint and Brian:

I'll send you guys pics tonight.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wish I had the $$. I just sold mine, and $33,000 for that car seems like a terrific deal. If it was only black/black, it'd be that much faster.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts