Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

The price of an 02 is anyones guess right now. Sounds like a pretty good deal on the 01, although some dealers are staring to discount the 01. Good luck in your decision!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

P.S. I work for Ford, but you may want to consider changing your user name. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEY GUYS NO OFFENSE ON MY USERNAME BUT IT'S EASIER FOR ME 2 REMEMBER NAMES AND PASSWORDS IF I USE THE SAME ONE ON ALL SITES. I LOVE CORVETTES BUT I ALSO LOVE SALEEN MUSTANGS AND FORD TRUCKS. DON'T HOLD IT AGAINST ME.

·
Registered
0 Posts
No problemo!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Keep buying those Ford Trucks...it's great for my profit sharing!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Welcome "fordpower"......Great Forum! You will truly enjoy!!! And oh yes.....small case letters look better.../phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
620 Posts
Frank and I disagree on this one.
With the 2002 so close, I would not pay more than $45,000 tops for the Z you are talking about. Especially with the problems some of the 2001's have. It is a used car and I suspect wholesale on it right now would be around $43,000. If you want to find out, ask a local dealer what they would give you for it. I think you will see $47,500 is not even close.
I have a friend in the car business who just took one in trade for $42,000 without lowballing the car he was selling. This Z had 800 miles. He offered it to me for $43,000 and I turned it down. I have a deposit on a 2002 Z.
Kerbecks is offering $3,000 to $4,000 off new Z's.
Sorry Z owners. Those are the facts.

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-06-03 00:19, corvette dave spewed forth this drivel:
Frank and I disagree on this one.

You make a very valid point!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I would wait on the 02. JMHO

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mr Pwr:

Welcome to the forum!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome guys. So I guess most of ya'll feel the '02 ZO6 will not be priced way up there then. My thinking is if the 2002 will be priced high I would be better off with a 2001. It would seem the 2001 would not fall far in the market if 2002 is priced high.

p.s. How's my typing now?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just to give you another perspective. You never know what GM will do. The price of an FRC went up by about $10,000 between '00 and '01 and horsepower went up by 40. The horsepower difference between an '01 FRC and an '02 FRC will be 20, so I don't think a $5,000 increase would be unreasonable. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif JMHO. Personally, I hope GM does this, because it would probably create a spike in '01 resale. Best of luck. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
765 Posts

On 2001-06-03 17:02, Z06Scott spewed forth this drivel:
Just to give you another perspective. You never know what GM will do. The price of an FRC went up by about $10,000 between '00 and '01 and horsepower went up by 40. The horsepower difference between an '01 FRC and an '02 FRC will be 20, so I don't think a $5,000 increase would be unreasonable. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif JMHO. Personally, I hope GM does this, because it would probably create a spike in '01 resale. Best of luck. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

That would actually make sense if you were comparing apples to apples...but you're comparing the 2000 FRC to the 2001 Z06 - big difference!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Lambinator, you have a point, there may be a difference, however, considering the price of a lesser performing ZR-1 was approaching $70k in 1995, I don't think it would be unreasonable to see the Z06's price move up into the $53-55k range. GM now has an excuse to do that with the '02. They raised the price twice in the 2001 model year for absolutely no reason at all. Someone at GM obviously thinks they haven't been charging enough. Therefore, my suggestion would be to wait and see what GM does with the price and if they do raise it by $5k, buy the '01 and if they don't raise it too much, get the '02.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts