Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84179

I hope this link works because a bolt on Cobra spanks a bolt on Z06! So for all the stock and bolt on Z06's that always say they are lighter & will bust modded Cobra's after third gear because of better aero gears and so on, just another vid to back up all my other posts on what 100 rwhp more in the heavy Cobra's will do! :thumb:

No need to :flaming: just your friendly neighborhood Cobra owner :cheers:

another link
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84179

·
Registered
382 Posts
Good kill by the Cobra. With 100rwhp more, no way a Z06 will keep up. Playing field is just not the same,dude. Around 50rwhp,and a Z06 will keep up,but 100rwhp is too much to make up. Now let's see a 500rwhp Z06 vs a 500rwhp Cobra. :jammin:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
With those mods the Z06 would be about 350-370 rwhp depending on the year. 2001's had approx. 330 rwhp stock and the 2002-2004's had approx. 350rwhp stock. Some a tad more and some a tad less.

It's amazing how easy and inexpensive the Cobra is to mod for hugh HP gains.

Nice kills :)

Now, if you met me, I've got 454 rwhp at 3,115 lbs and you've got 512 rwhp at about 3,650 lbs.

That works out to 6.86 lbs per HP for me and 7.13 lbs per HP for you....a much closer race. You running slicks or drag radials?

My C5R engine will be installed in September....750 is the target at the crank, or about 638 rwhp, which is 4.88 lbs per HP. It's normally aspired.....

There's always someone out there who's faster :jammin:

Thanks for the entertaining vids,

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
OutlawDon said:
Good kill by the Cobra. With 100rwhp more, no way a Z06 will keep up. Playing field is just not the same,dude. Around 50rwhp,and a Z06 will keep up,but 100rwhp is too much to make up. Now let's see a 500rwhp Z06 vs a 500rwhp Cobra. :jammin:
Yup! Not apples to apples, but the Cobra did spank him. As clueless as the Z driver was about the whine & when to go, I don't doubt his driving abilities were sub-par though....
Ron

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dr.Ron said:
Yup! Not apples to apples, but the Cobra did spank him. As clueless as the Z driver was about the whine & when to go, I don't doubt his driving abilities were sub-par though....
Ron
ditto

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
This has got to be one of the dumbest comparison videos ever posted.

Headers intake and "chip"? If this car was even modded then as eluded to it would at most have 370rwhp as an '01 maybe 390rwhp as an '02 newer.

What does that prove except "some" Cobra owners seem to have a severe complex.

Besides - who does a 2nd gear roll from 2000rpm ?? Very inexperienced driver in the camera car.

And again - for math impaired snake fans... 520 - 370 = 150.

So - you better hope that with 150 more hp you roll past a badly driven 370hp car.

Now, had the car not been tuned by the likes of MTI (and the car did not sound like a well tuned header car) then it would be lucky to be pushing 350rwhp...

So all in all that video is really just a text book example of how not to drive a Z06 from a roll.

:screwy:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats not my Cobra, my 04 is at 467 rwhp and I run mid 11's with dr. Yes with everything = Vette should win. As for the 50 rwhp difference I agree, one vid I remember a 600 rwhp kb Cobra & a sc Z06 at 550 rwhp was a very close race.

I did get :flaming: for posting about the 3 out of 4 races I won against a h/c & sc Z06. Dr. Ron says it the best,
" Driving Abilities" we cannot forget the driver mod! :)

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Yeah - I guessed it wasn't your car running - the "you" was the collective "you" of all 520rwhp Cobra's that beat up on little 370rwhp Z06's and then claim "WINNNNAHHHH!".. ;)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yea, I totally agree here. If your car with 150rwhp advantage couldn't win, you need to go park that sh*t under a tree and put a for sale sign on it :D

Most of the time, power always win in the end

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Obtw the red bolt on, h/c & sc Z06 is a MTI tuned car :NoNo: ! A 75 to 100 rwhp adv should get the Cobra a win, yes or no?

By the sound of the Cobra, its not a kb or whipple & by the sound of the Z06 owner he's not from Texas & by MTI, but I am sure there are other good Vette tuners beside MTI in the good ole :usa:.

From other posts in Z06.com asking about a lightly modded Z06 down 70 to 100 rwhp against a Cobra. This vid seems to Mach that, as for the tune and numbers, I would need a dyno sheet for both cars.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
03's with a Kenne Belle are nothing to scoff at. My buddy was putting down 590.

Now he uses the "C" word...... :yeadog:

Welcome aboard (again) WUTWHNE!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Someone should tell the Vette driver he could be quicker if he:
1. Didn't have a passenger
2. Turned off Traction Control
3. Used drag radials
4. Shifted faster and at a higher rpm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For one, that guy in the vette needs to learn how to drive. and second, that might not even be a Z06. But most of all that guy was a pathetic driver. His rpm's were way to low when he punched it. That guy could have had a top fuel dragster and still lost that race

·
Registered
265 Posts
Stock for stock its a drivers race. With bolt ons and equal drivers, the Cobra wins. How many time do we have to hear this?

Botton line, at the end of the day, no matter how fast you go, its still only a Mustang.... One day you'll step up. :p

By the way, there are some guys running 11.40 to 11.50 with bolt on Z's.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RC45 said:
Yeah - I guessed it wasn't your car running - the "you" was the collective "you" of all 520rwhp Cobra's that beat up on little 370rwhp Z06's and then claim "WINNNNAHHHH!".. ;)
The collective you :lol: We are Borg/Cobra's "Resistance Is Futile" the assimilation has begun! ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Z06-Dave said:
Stock for stock its a drivers race. With bolt ons and equal drivers, the Cobra wins. How many time do we have to hear this?

Botton line, at the end of the day, no matter how fast you go, its still only a Mustang.... One day you'll step up. :p

By the way, there are some guys running 11.40 to 11.50 with bolt on Z's.

417 vs 467 rwhp, Cobra + 50 = close race add another 25 to 50 Cobra should win. Shifting by the Cobra in the vid was not the best either.

One day, not enough room in the stables, its full of Mustang's right now :sneaky:

·
Registered
629 Posts
TXTERMINATOR said:
The collective you :lol: We are Borg/Cobra's "Resistance Is Futile" the assimilation has begun! ;)
Funny, but at the same time, kind of true...

Since the cost of adding a blower keeps dropping, many folks are adding one to their Corvette.

Once again, "He whom installs the most performance modifications usually wins..."

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.