Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Z06
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on getting 04 Z06 tires? Goodyears are on national backorder with no ETA. Michelin does not make same tires for front and back. Thinking of using Pilot 4S on front and Pilot SS on rear. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
650 Posts
I wound up putting Continental Extreme Contact Sports on mine in 275/40/17 in front and 295/35/18 rears. They were the only matching tires I could find in the right sizes (fronts are just one size wider than stock).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually just got off the phone with my local tire shop. The Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s are available, but I'm running staggered on C6 wheels. 305 30ZR-19 and 265 35ZR-18. Tire Rack shows to have them in stock also. May check with them. Be ready for a little sticker shock.

·
Registered
2004 Z06
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wound up putting Continental Extreme Contact Sports on mine in 275/40/17 in front and 295/35/18 rears. They were the only matching tires I could find in the right sizes (fronts are just one size wider than stock).
Any issues with clearance with 275/40/17 in the front? Continentals in those sizes are not available with no ETA. No other company has the sizes either, either out of stock or on backorder.

·
Registered
2004 Z06
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually just got off the phone with my local tire shop. The Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s are available, but I'm running staggered on C6 wheels. 305 30ZR-19 and 265 35ZR-18. Tire Rack shows to have them in stock also. May check with them. Be ready for a little sticker shock.
Tire rack claims nothing in stock for the 04Z06 and no ETA. No company has tires to fit the car, either out of stock or on backorder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any issues with clearance with 275/40/17 in the front? Continentals in those sizes are not available with no ETA. No other company has the sizes either, either out of stock or on backorder.
Tire rack claims nothing in stock for the 04Z06 and no ETA. No company has tires to fit the car, either out of stock or on backorder.
Wow. Hard to believe that nobody has them. They should at least be able to give an ETA.

·
Super Moderator
650 Posts
I really had no problem getting the Continentals. That was in April I think. We have Town Fair Tire here and they had them. I bought mine through a friend who got a discount through Tire Rack. No issues at all with rubbing or fit.

·
Registered
2004 Z06
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really had no problem getting the Continentals. That was in April I think. We have Town Fair Tire here and they had them. I bought mine through a friend who got a discount through Tire Rack. No issues at all with rubbing or fit.
That's good news, so it should be fine for my 04 Z06. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fast company,

I just replaced the tires on my 03 Z06 with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s in 275/40-17 and 315/30-18. This gave just a little extra width and height on the front so the air dam isn't scraping on as many things, and gave the exact same overall diameter on the rear with an additional inch of width. They look absolutely great, fill out the wheels perfectly, and grip outstanding. It's my first time using Michelin's on the car (since I didn't have the resources to purchase them in the past), and am very happy so far. Two of the tires only required 1/4 oz of weight to balance, which is incredible. I'm attaching a couple of pictures so you can check them out. I do have 2" flared fenders using 2" wheel spacers, so on a factory fender and wheel you should have an relatively equivalent appearance as far as tire protruding from the fender. The picture of the two tires together are the 315/30-18s when they were delivered. I purchased all of these from tire rack and had a local wheel restoration shop refinish the factory wheels then put the new tires on. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Z06
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fast company,

I just replaced the tires on my 03 Z06 with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s in 275/40-17 and 315/30-18. This gave just a little extra width and height on the front so the air dam isn't scraping on as many things, and gave the exact same overall diameter on the rear with an additional inch of width. They look absolutely great, fill out the wheels perfectly, and grip outstanding. It's my first time using Michelin's on the car (since I didn't have the resources to purchase them in the past), and am very happy so far. Two of the tires only required 1/4 oz of weight to balance, which is incredible. I'm attaching a couple of pictures so you can check them out. I do have 2" flared fenders using 2" wheel spacers, so on a factory fender and wheel you should have an relatively equivalent appearance as far as tire protruding from the fender. The picture of the two tires together are the 315/30-18s when they were delivered. I purchased all of these from tire rack and had a local wheel restoration shop refinish the factory wheels then put the new tires on. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.
Your car looks great Z06AV8R. The flared fenders pretty much hide most of the rear tires protruding, but since mine is bone stock I'm not sure I would like the look of the wider rear tires sticking out the fender. I'll need to give this more thought. How does it handle with the non-stock size Michelins? I'll attach a pic of my 04, I got it a year ago and it just turned 8,000 miles. Thanks for the information.
Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Plant

·
Super Moderator
650 Posts
I could not find Michelins in 17 inch. I have Michelin Super Sports on my Camaro and love them!

The Continentals were the only ones I could find in those sizes.

·
Registered
2004 Z06
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Unfortunately I have been unable to find matching tires from any manufacturer for my 04 Z06. It's either out of stock or on backorder, the waiting game goes on.

·
Registered
2004 C5Z
7 Posts
Well I’ve been on the hunt for the elusive C5Z tires. I ended up ordering Continental extreme contact sports. Had to go with 275/40/17 on the front, and the factory 295/35/18 size for the rear. The fronts came in in 2 days and the rears were a week away. when the fronts came in they called and said my tires arrived. I specifically asked “all 4?” When I arrived, they took the old tires off, installed the fronts, then realized they didn’t have the back tires yet. I took the rims home, put the fronts back on the car and waited for the rears to show up. A week later when the rears got here, I load the rims and head to get my new tires put on. When I get there they realized that they shipped DWS 06 plus’s and the extreme sports were on back order with no ETA. Long story short, I ended up ordering Michelin PS2’s in the same size. I hope these will be good tires, anyone have any input on the PS2’s?

·
Registered
2004 Z06
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I’ve been on the hunt for the elusive C5Z tires. I ended up ordering Continental extreme contact sports. Had to go with 275/40/17 on the front, and the factory 295/35/18 size for the rear. The fronts came in in 2 days and the rears were a week away. when the fronts came in they called and said my tires arrived. I specifically asked “all 4?” When I arrived, they took the old tires off, installed the fronts, then realized they didn’t have the back tires yet. I took the rims home, put the fronts back on the car and waited for the rears to show up. A week later when the rears got here, I load the rims and head to get my new tires put on. When I get there they realized that they shipped DWS 06 plus’s and the extreme sports were on back order with no ETA. Long story short, I ended up ordering Michelin PS2’s in the same size. I hope these will be good tires, anyone have any input on the PS2’s?
Did the 275/40/17 fit without any rubbing? A local tire shop told me that the 275's on the front would be an issue with fitment in the wheel well. Good luck with the Michelins.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts