Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

How much pressure can the 04 Z fuel system support. I know I can switch out the injectors but I have heard that the 04 Z is different from the 01-03 Z's. If I get a blower and get 600 rwhp what will I have need to do, to get enough fuel........

Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
I ordered the ATI kit from Andy at A&A Corvette (a site sponser). The kit includes larger injectors and a Boost-A-Pump (BAP). The BAP increase the voltage to the fuel pump at full throttle and maintains stock fuel pressure (@58 PSI). I am running 10 lb. boost and making 607 RWHP and 513 RWTQ through the stock exhaust. In looking at the dyno graphs, the air fuel starts to drop 2 PSI at 6700 RPM. I figure this set-up has the stock fuel system maxed out. This is withthe BAP turned up to provide full voltage at WOT. To go further would require an aftermarket fuel system. These are hard to find as the '04 fuel system is different from the 02/03s.

Later ... Larry S.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Correct fuel system for power.

There is only 1 way to get it right.Replace your tanks with 01-02 models.Them replace the lines to a return line system.Then the sky is the limit or pocket book is the limit.

The non return line system does not correct for the pressure that the front of the injector see's,So you need to increase fuel pressure with boost if you want the most control and most accurate fuel.Been there and done that countless times.

Call Rodney (crash94 on the other forum has a couple he could unload right about now)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I have Andy's kit too. I didnt get a BAP with mine but I bought a racetronix fuel pump. Im currently running with 60# injectors with no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts