Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I've been browsing this forum now for a few months and have been learning about this car getting great info from you guys!

I'm in the market for a Z and a dealer close to me has a MS 04 with mod red interior and 2600 miles. He said the best he can do is $43,900. It's a little more than I wanted to spend, but the car with that combo is awesome plus the low mileage.

Can I get a better price for a similar car or is that the market price?

Thanks,
Chandra

·
Registered
912 Posts
Not a good deal

I'd say that was to high $38-39000 would be a good deal.i've seen Z06/Z16 for $41,500 with 600 miles for sell on the forum,be patient and just wait for the right one to come up for sell,good luck in your search.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Looks like the cars at the local dealers are priced higher

·
Registered
371 Posts
vette1 said:
I'd say that was to high $38-39000 would be a good deal.i've seen Z06/Z16 for $41,500 with 600 miles for sell on the forum,be patient and just wait for the right one to come up for sell,good luck in your search.
AGREED
You can do better.
If you wait until the C6Z is released, you'll save even more $$$ :z:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like it's hard to get a low mileage 04 for less than $40K

·
Registered
13 Posts
Keep looking.. I waited three months before landing my Z.. Dealers in the NJ and NY area are out of control.. I was able to find mine in Alabama..

Good Luck..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you suggest other sources. I think I can stretch my budget a little bit for the right car.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Cars.com Is Where I Found A Lot Of Promising Leads. I Kept Running Vin Numbers On Carfax And With A Friend At A Chevy Dealer Until I Found Three Good Cars Then I Asked Each Dealer For Their Best Offer. Go Figure I Went With The Most Expensive One Anyway.

·
Registered
247 Posts
cnair said:
Hi guys,
I've been browsing this forum now for a few months and have been learning about this car getting great info from you guys!

I'm in the market for a Z and a dealer close to me has a MS 04 with mod red interior and 2600 miles. He said the best he can do is $43,900. It's a little more than I wanted to spend, but the car with that combo is awesome plus the low mileage.

Can I get a better price for a similar car or is that the market price?

Thanks,
Chandra
That is high :NoNo: There are others out there.....you just have to be diligent in your search.

My tip is look outside your area. I bought mine 1100 miles away and had it shipped because the deal was right on the right car that I wanted.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Keep looking; figure out what distance will buy you in better prices, balance that against the value of your time, consider what your "walk away" price would be for this car from this dealer, tell the manager (decision maker, not the sales person) to call you when they're ready to sell it to you at that price. Before you offer anything, get the history on the car. It's your money ... and your call. Once you decide, don't look back.
FWIW
Good luck and let us know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i found a few on autotrader.com that were local that i could go check out, but i actually found my 02 on ebay, it was local, i checked it out and everything was perfect. i paid 30 thousand flat for a quick silver 2002 with 40K miles and chrome wheels. also with mod red interior. very sexy combo. personally i would suggest not paying so much attention to miles... unless you just GOTTA have a 04 with low miles. the way i see it, is...im gonna drive the car almost everyday because i love it, so sooner or later the miles arent gonna be low anymore anyways. plus, these engines arent exactly gen 1 sbc's, they will probably last a lot longer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. I'll keep looking and hopefully join the club soon. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
You might also want to try corvettetrader.com ... I sold my 01 Z06 through that site. They list only corvettes, all years.

Don't hesitate to go outside of your area to buy a car. States like Florida, Texas and California are the highest population of corvettes and usually the best selection and best prices. I don't believe you have to pay above $38K for a very good 04.

Remember the best way to tell a dealer is telling you a lie, you can see their lips move. Tell him to enjoy that 04 for $44K. They weren't selling for much more than that brand new at the beginning of the model year of 04 and model year 05 is already almost a year old. The 04 is almost 2 model years old already.

·
Registered
291 Posts
There is a 2004 yellow z06 flawless with a partition and 4000 miles on the engine right here in town, HOWEVER, they want 43,500.00 for the car. 43 seems to be what I am seeing for the low mielage z06 in the 04 model. I think the best time to buy was when all the z06 owners panicked and sold to get in line for the new z06. That brought down prices a bit, plus it was dead of winter. Now the prices are back up there. Good luck. Dr.Bigg :usa:

·
Registered
476 Posts
That's about what I paid for an 04 new last year when GM had their 72 hr sale!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
High $30's is a good deal...pay attention to ebay, and wait until Fall/Winter if you can. Prices on Corvettes ALWAYS go down in the Winter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, be patient, sometimes it's hard. I bought my Z16 in May and know of two others bought at the same time all in the $40K range, mine had 2500K miles.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts