Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this ad in the Memphis newspaper classifieds this morning and am having a car broker friend check it out:

"Corvette '05 Coupe, Black on Black w/1750 miles $35,000; 2005 Viper, Silver w/Black convertible top, 400 miles, $35,000; (870) 532-6133 or (870) 740-4200"

Anyone interested if it's not a hoax?

·
Registered
806 Posts
It's gotta be a hoax!! :yeadog: I would'nt even waste my time finding out. :jammin:

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
That 1st number belongs to:
James Estelle
236 Southard St.
Blytheville AR 72315

I believe the 2nd number is a cell phone.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SGT. PYLE said:
It's gotta be a hoax!! :yeadog: I would'nt even waste my time finding out. :jammin:
You can't place an ad like that in the Memphis CA without a verified physical address and a valid credit card. I think it is worth checking at that price, as it appears someone is in sore need of cash. I'll post what we find out.

Rob

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Wonder what the catch is? :jawdrop:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
DRY HEAT said:
The vette would definitely be a deal, but isn't that kinda high for a viper? :lol:
:yeadog: :lol:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My broker called and has talked to the owner. They are not "salvaged" and have clean titles that call them "prevously damaged". You can not fix and sell a salvaged unit, and he says neither have frame damage. I am going to look at them this weekend.

Rob

·
Registered
149 Posts
the guy said they were considered total loss by insurance co. depending on what state you're in it'll most likely be salvaged/rebuild, only a handful that won't have this (FL?). you can and many people do rebuild salvaged cars. IMHO for $35K you can get '03Z or high miles '04Z that's never been wrecked. Better deal. Wrecked cars are a PITA unless you plan to strip it for racing.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GarettO said:
ask the guy for pictures....

Cheers
G
I'm going look at them, mainly at the Viper and can get pictures. Thanks for the advice Mafia, but that is why I use a good broker friend with 30 years of car stuff behind him.

Rob

·
Registered
806 Posts
I hate to say it but..... "I Told You So"!!! :rofl:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now With Pics

OK, here are pictures. The price is $35K repaired. The Corvette is sold. Yeah Sgt, you told me so.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Thats too bad, that thing must have some frame damage B/C it looks like it could easily be repaired. :( No offence RobSan, I hope I did'nt get you p.o. That was not my intention. Take care! :cheers:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
None taken Sgt, just yankin' ya' chain a little, and there is no frame damage. My problem is you get a title that is marked "Prev Dam" and I am trying to reconcile that through one of my dealer friends. I think it could be easily repaired, but you would still have the "PD" title. Might be fun to play with for a couple of years though. I feel sorry for the dummy who had to fess up to rear-ending someone within the first 400 miles of ownership!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts