Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Corvette community! New here and was wondering if i can possibly get advice on this platform with my issues.

So long story short.. purchased the vehicle in the beginning of July 2020 drove it for a week and was amazing. Then decided to do my own oil change not realizing i filled my sump with 10Quarts of oil. Starting the vette and a ton of white smoke came out of my exhuast, turned the car off and tried to start again and no crank no nothing, basically hydrolocked my motor..

Now after soo i took my engine out and brought my motor to a machine shop nearby where they rebuilt my whole bottom end with a couple goody upgrades. (Might as well since the motor is out rite..) So i got the engine back from the shop dropped the motor back in and fired her up.. sounded amazing with my new cam,headers, and exhaust but my oil pressure gauge on my dashboard was showing 0.
So me and my mechanic that helped me drop the motor in assumed that maybe it was a bad oil pump (but keep in mind the machine shop gave me a brand new OEM oil pump with the motor) , had an idea that maybe the rear/front main seal werent alligned correct along with the oil pan and oil pump & thought maybe we need a new oil pick up tube gasket as well . So i purchased myself the CBM alignment tools for those 3 things. Now we installed another brand new pump aligned the three things correctly and installed a new oil pick up tube, started her up and still no damn oil pressure....
Now i went to harbor fright bought myself a mechanical gauge oil pressure test kit, hooked it up to my block, cranked the motor and this guage did not move one sec.

So now i called the machine shop and asked if they installed the oil galley plugs in the front and rear behind those covers, and the machine shop said "no we did not"
Now yesterday (10/28/20) took the motor out again, took the two front and rear main seal covers off just to see there are plugs in there and they arent OEM ones there actually aftermarket billet ones. Unscrewed the two plugs and oil leaked out, so me and my mechanic came to a conclusion that the pump is working because the only way oil can go into the galleys is the oil pump pumping oil front the pan to those galleys.

At this point im clueless on what else can possibly be the problem. There must be oil going thru my bottom end of my engine but not my top end.
Also we unscrewed the valve covers too see if there was oil in there from the pushrods and nope barely anything..

Please give ideas if you might know. Much appreciated
Thank You!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
How did you prime the engine the first couple times you started it? Is it leaking oil from anywhere? You mentioned it ran and sounded good...did it sound like there was no oil pressure? That is a VERY obvious sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts