Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys gonna do to your new Z06's. I plan on getting a QS and powdercoating the wheels black, lower it a bit, borla cat back K&n etc. That will probably be it, but it would be great to turbo or supercharge it right away. I'm sure some of you guys probably got appointments already at your local tuner for full motor with twin turbo. These things are gonna be crazy fast I cant wait!!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
getting black

i'll PC the rims black. lower it. tints all around. remove exhaust vaccum thing. maybe get headers depending upon what's out there. EC sticker on the rear. after a shot at 200mph i'll put sticky tires all around. save some weight with no runflats. maybe a racing seat, or two? tap into the NAV unit with a micro PC and run apps and recording equiment throught he screen. at that point i'll drive it back from bowling green to it's new home in NY :D

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
1. Lower it
2. polish/re-polish the factory rims
3. New LG longtubes 2" into 1 7/8" Headers with no cats and a real catback system.
4.That wimpy cam has to go. 440 estimated RWHP is a joke. With a cam, headers and a little clean up on the heads, there is additional 100 RWHP that has been left on table.

Then I woke up. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
IT L GO said:
1. Lower it
2. polish/re-polish the factory rims
3. New LG longtubes 2" into 1 7/8" Headers with no cats and a real catback system.
4.That wimpy cam has to go. 340 estimated RWHP is a joke. With a cam, headers and a little clean up on the heads, there is additional 100 RWHP that has been left on table.

Then I woke up. :lol:
I like your thinking!!! Good plan....hmmmm

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
IT L GO said:
That wimpy cam has to go. 340 estimated RWHP is a joke.
IT L GO....you meant 440 rwhp......
I am going to lower mine as soon as I get it home.....Get it on the dyno to see what it has....LSX edit it.I am sure you can get 15-20 hp out of it bone stock with a good tune.Remove vaccum line for exhaust.If that doesn't sound mean enough probably GHL exhaust and look into a good cold air induction....Jeez just let
me get the car first.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
GaryZ06 said:
IT L GO....you meant 440 rwhp......
I am going to lower mine as soon as I get it home.....Get it on the dyno to see what it has....LSX edit it.I am sure you can get 15-20 hp out of it bone stock with a good tune.Remove vaccum line for exhaust.If that doesn't sound mean enough probably GHL exhaust and look into a good cold air induction....Jeez just let
me get the car first.
My bad :blush: thanks :ity:

I need the to get the car first. :eek:o:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Watch the powder coating on the lug areas. Ask you coater about problems in the lug nut areas when powder coated. :thumb:

BFG Drag Radials w/spares stock rims set, reprogram computer, t-stat change (160), vacuum line to exhuast valve, K&N. :jammin:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am going to add a clear bra just like my c6...saved me a couple times, especially with bugs. Also CAGS elimintaor if it has it :)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
As sophisticated, well-engineered and track-ready as this car comes, I'll get a set of track tires and rims, and depending on what they use at the factory, replace the brake fluid with some high-temp stuff. Again, depending, I may seek some track brake pads, although with the one pad per piston arrangement, my options may be limited. Of course, maybe theyll install XP10 and 9 compounds at the factory!

Fooling around with this piece may ruin it.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
In this exact order..

1. Tint the windows
2. Lower it
3. get a new exhaust system
4. Powdercoat the rims black
5. get my personalized license plate
6. Beat up on some exotics.. (This might come first, who knows) :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Put it in a hermetically sealed bag and store it for 40 years, bequeething it to my grand children (generation skipping tax break) and have them sell it at Barett-Jackson for 8 million dollars as the only original '06 Zo6 still in existence.

;)

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Excellent question! Nover gave it much thought before this post, but most likely leave mine VIRGIN.

Well....as I think about it....maybe wheels, exhaust, hmmm?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seems like black wheels are getting more popular. I think a silver zo6 with black wheels is the best looking one. Havent seen anybody photoshop some black wheels on the QS..hint!!
I would like to get some serious power in it but I would feel bad for my nieghbors if I went with full headers and cam, maybe a A&A blower or a magnuson when they make it. Some 19-19 HRE's would be nice too, with a 12 stock I'm sure a 13 would fit :thumb:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Its actually MS...the new silver is machine silver not quicksilver.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
is it actually a diffrent shade of silver or just a new name?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Darius said:
is it actually a diffrent shade of silver or just a new name?
they had it for one year in 04 i believe on regular C5's.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Equal length long tube headers, good cats, X in the system, and the stock stuff behind, gotta be semi legal in Cal, bottom sucker cold air Hurricane Intake, Carbon Fiber of course, and a heat treated 3.90 gear and wala hi 10's, on stock rubber, we will see?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts