Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I finally got my extended warranty refund check from Nissan for $1200 on my old 350Z. So I have this extra money burning a hole in my pocket.

I have a stock Z16 with 9K miles. What would be your first mods with the $1200? It's Price Is Right Rules... closest to $1200 without going over.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
:jawdrop: HMmmm I am paying very close attention to this one cause it for me too :lol:

·
Registered
296 Posts
If you want performance mods, save up a little more money and get some headers, cai intake and a tune. You won't believe its the same ride. :eek:o:

augydog

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
Don't know what your into, performance or looks, but here's and example:

Halltech or Vararam $295
Hurst Shifter $160
Carravaggio rear spoiler $545
Paint $ 200

$1200

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Agree with augydog. Save up a little more and get some meaningful HP/TQ improvements.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Best bang for the buck is to replace your airbox with a $42 K&N filter, or do the ziptie mod for $0. For your driving pleasure, an aftermarket shifter, and then a louder catback will make you happy, and not break the bank. Oh yeah, you'll want to disable the CAGS.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Put a few more bucks with it and buy Kooks headers. For 1400.00 you can LG Longtudes also. Your will get a nice sound with just headers and the stock Titanium cat-back plus pick up 20 HP. 30HP if you spend the money for a Dyno tune. :thumb:

·
Registered
230 Posts
A rear partition from Andy (@$320), aftermarket shifter (@$200) and some Baer EradiSpeed replacement rotors (@$600). $1120 and some burgers and brews for the rotor install in the driveway. If you get real good prices (Baer rotors special GP from TByrne sponser here) throw in some ceramic brake pads to get rid of the brake dust that covers the wheels.

Later ... Larry S.

·
Registered
212 Posts
not playing by your rules... but.

augydog said:
If you want performance mods, save up a little more money and get some headers, cai intake and a tune. You won't believe its the same ride. :eek:o:

augydog
I think augydog nailed it.. match your windfall from nissan and throw on some long tube headers, grab a cold air intake, tune er up, and enjoy.. I'm in the process of taking this step at present, plus short shift and cat back for the fun of it!!

Just pull the trigger.. it feels good. :jammin:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
wlxx861 said:
DynaTech headers, you won't reget it. Biggest bang for the buck.

Chas.
I agree,

Take the Nissan rebate and match it, then do Headers, Intake and tune :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts