Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a H/C package installed over the winter with a dyno tune of 451 RWHP with 42 degree temp. Corrected was 435 RWHP. I just got back from the track and ran a 11.60 @ 120.7 mph. I am also running stock 3.42 gears. Does this mph equate to the RWHP. Since the dyno tune, 6 degrees of timing was pulled out to prevent the car from detonating at low rpm while cruising on the highway. The compression ratio is 11.2 to 1. I am thinking of taking the car back to get it checked out on the dyno. I was told that the car should be in the 124mph range. My air/fuel ratio at 5000 rpm is 12.5 and at 6300rpm, its 12.9. Would going with 3.90 gears change the mph? It seems like I am in 4th gear only for a short period of time when I cross the line. I didn't look at teh rmp, I would guess and say around 5500rpm when I cross the line. Any input would be much apprecitated.

·
Registered
413 Posts
my mph will vary by 2-3 mph depending on if I take each shift to near rev-limit and if I get a "little" spin on launch .... too much spin hurts ET and mph, but just a little spin seemed to get best results ... If bogged on launch then nose drops and loss of momentum (?).....your mph and ET seems about right for 435rwhp.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I laid down a 11.62, 1.66 60'....with 378 at the wheels. ET streets.....6000k launch...feathered clutch.

I have ALOT more now......times to be posted upon clutch break-in.

I feel with your existing times....more practice.....10's are possible.

-Tony

·
Registered
722 Posts
shane,

just as a 42 degree weather day turned your corrected 435rwhp into 451rwhp, the exact opposite can happen on a hot day. I'm not sure what weather conditions you were running in, but if they're anything remotely close to these brutally hot days down here in Texas, I can tell you your 435rwhp corrected power level might be a whole lot less in the heat. Maybe 420 actual.

So, it's tough to answer the question without knowing the race conditions. I'm inclined to say they're probably spot on and you'll see a dramatic improvement after the first cold front hits this winter and you get a big new england high pressure over your area. That will turn that 120.7 trap into 124 easily.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
i've run 120 in the quarter with 390rwhp

something's not right

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses. I am taking the car back to get it checked out on the dyno again. They have the full LS1 tuner.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, the temperature on at the dyno was 42 degrees, the temperature at the track was 68 degrees with low humidity.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
shane said:
Oh, the temperature on at the dyno was 42 degrees, the temperature at the track was 68 degrees with low humidity.
I would agree with blu. Alot of factors come into play regarding mph. The biggest being weather and then driver. The most important factors that influence DA are temperature and barometric pressure. The DA will directly influence how much power your engine will make on a given day. A hot day with low barometer will kill your mph. As mentioned above then you have other factors like wheelspin,shiftpoints,etc. So I believe your numbers are likely where they should be. More seat time(especially a better 60') will bring down the et. Don't waste your money on dynoes/retune.Get some more seat time esp. in better weather. I have seen a difference of 7 mph in my car primarily due to weather.(same driver/rwhp).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts