Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys have drag raced your Z's? Post your 60 fts ,1/4 mile et,trap speed and mods. My best et to date is a 12.05 at 118.24 mph 1.87 60ft. Stock SC tires lowered to 25 psi. Haltech Tric intake and cobra. Ported haltech throttle body, DRM long tube headers. This run was exceptionally good most of my runs are in the 12.30's and 40's with 2.0 60 ft at 116 to 117 mph. The track is Sears Point Raceway Sonoma CA. Temp mid 50's sea level

·
Registered
0 Posts
I haven't had my Z at the track...YET!! Promised the wife I wouldn't race. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif We'll see what happens at the Cruise-In!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Those are great #'s..CONGRATS!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
837 Posts
Great runs, and strong launches.

As for myself, only been to the track once so far.

Five runs in total. Four in the 12.5s @ 116.5+ and the best at 12.47 @ 117.4. On that run my 60' time was 2.05.

My only mod is a Halltech Tric w/ Cobra. Was running stock tires with 30 psi all around. Weather was 50 degrees with 55% humidity. Altitude was about 300 feet.

Ranger

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great times guys!!!!
My best 1/4 mile time in the wussix is 12.43....
Soon Ill be able to do that stock!!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Keep in mind that 1/4 mile times do not really mean much as far as how much power your car is putting to the pavement. It's the trap speed (MPH) that matters. Someone could run a 12.3 @ 115 MPH and another car a 12.9 @ 117 MPH and the second car is actually getting more power down to the pavement.

The ET (time) changes with launch and 60' time for the most part, and is not a fair comparison between cars, but the speed is independent (for the most part) of launch and driver, so it is a better comparison factor.

That said, check out my best MPH in the sig below: /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
198 Posts
Speed is not necessarilly a factor of Most Power... Wheelspin at the 60' will increase MPH! typically a 1.8 60' will have less MPH than a 2.1 60'... due to the 2.1 guy spinning more... they then run more MPH in the 1/4. Also, Elevation has a lot to do with ET & MPH... Here in Phoenix, we are 1300 Ft high. Typically it is .2 Tenths, and 2 MPH Less than Sea Level Tracks like Oregan, Texas, and East Coast tracks.

With all that said... My best with K&N Filter, and some used up Drag Radials, is 12.31 @ 114.75. I have since added a custom Borla Exhaust, but haven't been able to get back to the track, Auto-X has been keeping me busy!
Peace,

·
Registered
278 Posts
Heck Schotz, my grandma could go faster in my 65 chevelle. Must be her K&N filter...

LMAO.

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jim

Y2K Mil Yellow Coupe (1G1YY22G7Y5103005), delivered 8/27/99.
MN6, all options except mag or HiPol Wheels, Breathless Vortex Rammer, Breathless Backplate, B&B Tri-Flow Sport Exhaust, Lowered by dealer, Autobuffs wheel/sill/steering wheel vette logos, Vettegear Billet Shifter Insert, V1 Radar w/display, Cobra Remote CB Hand Unit, KoolKat Internal CB Antenna, Window Tint. Dyno'd 10/7/2000, 354.7 RWHP, 369.6 RWTQ. (GM Lemon Law Buyback 11/10/2000)

Y2K+1 Mil Yellow Z06, Sequence Number 11749
1st start 10/27/2000 at approx 7:00am CST, delivered 11/10/2000.
General Motors "AUDIT" unit, All Options except modified interior, Breathless Performance Carbon Fiber Vortex Rammer and Power Duct, Factory Lowered, Window Tint, Autobuffs steering wheel vette logo, Vettegear Billet Shifter Insert, V1 Radar.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts

On 2001-04-16 22:39, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
I haven't had my Z at the track...YET!! Promised the wife I wouldn't race. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif We'll see what happens at the Cruise-In!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Those are great #'s..CONGRATS!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Better listen to her Frank, she might pull a Bobbit on you.

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-04-19 12:51, Manatee spewed forth this drivel:
Frank,

Why don't you challenge Sherylann to a 'friendy' drag race?

Vince
Funny thing is, we were side by side on the Interstate the other day. I tried to get her to go, but no dice!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif When we got home, she said, (with a bitchy tone) "I saw you were trying to get me to run you....but that's stupid and you can't goad me on!!" /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I think she's afraid she'll get her ass whipped!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'll let her whip me at home!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

She really needs to bedriving a Taurus. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
New England Dragway finaly opened the best run was 12.12 114.28 1.84. I was eratic. It seemed the clutch needed to be cooled after two to three runs. If I diden't I would miss a shift. I am waiting for wheels to come in for drag radials. Ric

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great run and 60ft, you will be in the 11's soon.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I put on drag radials and a cut air lid on this weekend.(Bowrowed ZO6 fronts with bfg 315's)Had a bunch of 1.765 60' times and 12.0's. Never found the right shift points with those 60' to get my first 11.?. I guess I'am starting to think it's not going to happen for me with out more mod's. Best MPH was 115.80.Ric

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ran my Z06 on saturday, 9 runs, 1st time to track with this car. Conditions were light wind and Total air density of 92%.
Only mod on the car is a CAU powercone filter and a ripper. Car has 2300 miles, stock tires at 26 psi,shifts approx 6300. Best run had best mph and time on same run. I like when that happens!

60'-2.009
1/8 et-8.335
1/8 mph-92.09
1/4 et-12.586
1/4 mph-116.38

No powershifting yet, ripper still super stiff. Overall i was pleased. 60' times will help alot when traction will be had. Hello drag radials! Planning on cutting all the cats out when I find a 2nd pipe to gut out, then maybe long tubes, and finally some spray.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts