Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, if any of you knew what kind of problems I have had this summer with my car, you would of not of thought I would be posting this.
It seems that we can say I saved the best for last.. :) I was at E-Town Saturday, I ran my best time ever and boy it was a shock to see it. 12.16 1.8 60' 113+

We won't talk about the second run, Dick ask me if I needed some TP to cleanup.. When I came off the line the car just went sideways, I'm looking at the wall. not much fun...

Well anyway, for the most part racing around here is done for the year, looking for some updates for next.. I hope everybody has a great time during the Holidays.. Here's looking at the 11'S

Ernie

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Looking at the wall just sucks! :-? Ernie, I know the trouble you had this summer and ending up with a 12.16 is just awesome! :cheers: I know you will be in the 11's next year! :yeadog:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Very nice run! Were you in comp mode when you were heading for the wall? I hope to get my car to a track one of these days and see what the garage queen will do. :p

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mike,

We have been going over some of the things on the car, I think we have come up with, that the flashing of the computer is one of the problems. I think it's done to CA specs and is on the mild side to cope with CA emissions. I might be wrong.

The other thing is that I'm still using the 4 cats. with shorty headers.

Now comes the tricky part, the cam I have is based on the std GM center line of 116.

I think I have and hope that I do, have my other house sold, that will give some extra money to get some things done over the winter. The wish list never ends when you start..

Z06 Intake Long tube Headers, and a 3.73 rear. That and maybe a reflash of the computer.

Let me know if you want to come over, we can put your car in the garage and clean it up. I also use Zaino..

Ernie

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Z06 2002

No I had the traction contol off. I think what happened was some of the cars had grooved tires on and went in the water box, drug water up. All I can tell you is when I let the clutch out the car just went sideways. Or I didn't get all the water off mine. I have the E/T Streets on 16" CCW wheels.

I'll tell you, it is a lot of fun, I'm not much on turns, but I do love to go down the 1/4. Hope you get your's out, you'll love it. Just take it easy the first couple times out. Get a feal for the car.

Ernie

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Nice times there Ernie! :cheers:

Glad you didn't "kiss," the wall. :eek:

Zippy :z: :z:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts