Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the car to the track for the first time today. The car is a O2 Z06 bone stock down to the paper filter and stock tires. It has 27,000 miles on it. I am still learning how to launch it and shift points. Here is my best pass.

60ft-------------1.90
1/8--------------7.91
1/8--------------91.28
1/4--------------12.16
1/4--------------116.31

What do you guys think? I did not power shift the car. It had a full tank of gas and my tool box in the back. Just the way I drove it there. I think I could probably get into the 11's at 117+ power shifting and loosing some weight. Any way, I am extreamly happy and love this car. I have only had it a week.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
PRAY said:
Took the car to the track for the first time today. The car is a O2 Z06 bone stock down to the paper filter and stock tires. It has 27,000 miles on it. I am still learning how to launch it and shift points. Here is my best pass.

60ft-------------1.90
1/8--------------7.91
1/8--------------91.28
1/4--------------12.16
1/4--------------116.31

What do you guys think? I did not power shift the car. It had a full tank of gas and my tool box in the back. Just the way I drove it there. I think I could probably get into the 11's at 117+ power shifting and loosing some weight. Any way, I am extreamly happy and love this car. I have only had it a week.

WOW!!! I dont know how much more you can do better by power shifting, the 60ft is not the best but yet better then I could ever pull off with stock f1s, yet you managed 12.16 , thats Great driving through the gears, thats amazing :thumb:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. They are the stock F1's also. I still need to work on my launch. I am going to rev it up until I get wheel spin next time then back down. All I was doing to warm up the tires was dropping the clutch in first and riding it out to the line. I wish I would have read Rangers racing techniques before I went.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I too read rangers post, actually he was at the track the night I took my Z06 back for the first time and I coulnt get it to stop wheel hoping, so he gave me a few pointers, and I got a 12.6, which is good considering granny shifting to keep the wheel hop down, that includes into 3rd as well...

the key is Practice, but since I love driving my z down to the beach every weekend I wanna keep it that way, alot of practice means alot of pain for the tranny ect., But once in a while doesnt hurt it much :D

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
From my total experience of 5 passes in the Z :eek::, I'd say that's a great first outing. :thumb:
Your performance suggests you've been down the strip before in something else. :sneaky:
BTW ... welcome to :z:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I have been down the track before in a few other cars. This is my second stick car. I traded in my 98' WS6 to get this car. My best in that car was a [email protected]+. But that was a much more violent and harder car to drive. I was also on stock radials and a slipping clutch.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nice. I'd be happy with those #'s in my modded car!

Mike. :usa:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Great numbers!! Take your tool box out, run about 1/4 tank, lower the pressure in your F1's, launch it right and you're in the 11's depending on track condition, elements, temp, etc. :thumb:

·
Registered
243 Posts
60ft-------------1.90
1/8--------------7.91
1/8--------------91.28
1/4--------------12.16
1/4--------------116.31

Those times are really good. Don't powershift at the dragway to lose a few tenths of a second. It's not worth the damage it could do to your car.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
You will make the 11's with no problem with some better tires. A zip tie mod on the air cleaner or a ram air would also be good for a couple of 10ths.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts