Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Anyone out there with a 2001 LS6 try using a set of 1.75 or 1.8:1 rocker arms? I have a basically stock (Blackwing & exhaust; long tubes coming shortly) 2001 LS6 and I'm trying to find a relatively inexpensive way to add some airflow to the engine without swapping cam or the heads.

Thanks in advance!

-Greg W.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
m5guy said:
Hi guys,

Anyone out there with a 2001 LS6 try using a set of 1.75 or 1.8:1 rocker arms? I have a basically stock (Blackwing & exhaust; long tubes coming shortly) 2001 LS6 and I'm trying to find a relatively inexpensive way to add some airflow to the engine without swapping cam or the heads.

Thanks in advance!

-Greg W.
Check out the July issue of Hot Rod Magazine. On page 136 they have a write up on the Jesel 1.8 rocker set for an LS1. They installed a set on a stock 04 Z and picked up 10 ft. lbs. and around 13 hp. Had to replace the push rods also. Check it out.

D.J.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Hope to see good dyno numbers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crane 1.8 rockers

Thanks gmblack3! I appreciate you responding to this thread. Please let us know what type of power you get from this swap.

Best Regards,
Greg W.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I was considering rockers but speedshop helped me to understand that new rockers really didn't support my goals...said expect 12-15 rwhp, or less than headers and good tune...said once rockers on then limits future cam choice. Can probably get better rwhp gains from multiple other mods that tend to compliment one another.

·
Registered
27 Posts
here's the dyno of the wife's 99 formula when i installed the vinci/crane 1.8 acclerated lift rockers and dual springs wit hstock cam.

dyno 9 before
dyno 11 500 miles later
dyno 14 10 months later

·
Registered
27 Posts
C5 CU said:
I was considering rockers but speedshop helped me to understand that new rockers really didn't support my goals...said expect 12-15 rwhp, or less than headers and good tune...said once rockers on then limits future cam choice. Can probably get better rwhp gains from multiple other mods that tend to compliment one another.
i like how all these speedshops promote the 'you'll limit yourself on cam choices because of going to 1.8 rockers'. syndrome going on out there. you can do more with less cam and larger rockers.

just to show you, here's a dyno in a 03 c5 convertible auto comparing the comp cams 220/224 .581/.581 115LSA with vinci/crane 1.7 accelerated lift rockers vs the vinci 055 cam 216/224 .551/.551 (1.7) 113 LSA with the vinci/crane 1.8 accelerated lift rockers. less cam larger ratio rockers makes more usable power than a larger cam with stock ratio rockers.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have some new (we just put on the motor for tuning, when it siezed) Comp Cams Pro-Magnum 1.85 with studs, seats, harden pushrods. We had to pull the whole motor apart and are going to cut a much bigger (John Holmes) CAMMMMMM. So not needed anymore.

$515 for the kit
$140 for the hardened pushrods
$104 for the 1/2" valve cover spacers

I will take $700 shipped(650).

My guess this will get about 20 h.p./20 torque to tires. Tune will be necessary. Should give you an additional ten h.p.. You should be able to raise your rev limiter a couple hundred as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MMR23, thanks for posting your dyno results. Looks like swapping rockers will make a noticable difference. I've been looking at the Jezel rockers but will also check out the Crane/Vinci units too!

:cheers:

Greg W.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts