Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a complete set of 4 of the rear Z06 Speedlines (18x10.5) that I'd like to put on my 02 Z06. If your Z was lowered at the most 3/4" on the stock bolts, what size tires would you use on the front of your car that did not rub at full lock or compression? Currently I have 295-40-18's on the rear, and the OE 17's on the front. I'm going to have these wheels media blasted and powder coated a semi-gloss or flat black....I think this color on the electron blue Z's looks so cock.

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Here's my street setup. Hankook 285/35 R-S3 on 18x10.5 Speedlines square.
That's as big as I'd go on the front if you're concerned about looks. The camber is around -2.5.
None of the tread extends past the fender and there's no rubbing even at full lock. My plan is to mini tub, widen the rears to 12 and run 335s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thats pretty agressive camber for street. Would you say the 285's would rub if you went with less camber, i.e. 1 degree or so ? I am considering this setup only with BFG Rival 295/35's so you've got me alittle concerned with this width

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
thats pretty agressive camber for street. Would you say the 285's would rub if you went with less camber, i.e. 1 degree or so ? I am considering this setup only with BFG Rival 295/35's so you've got me alittle concerned with this width
You'll be fine even though the Rivals are big for their sizes. I ran 315 A6s with 1 degree and stock bar for a little while and only had minor rubbing on the fender. The car was too low then though.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I run 285/30 or 285/35's on the front with the stock 18x10.5's on a just slightly lower than stock set up. Clearance in the wheel well is no problem at all. Clearance for my brake ducts is a small problem. The wheels will hit the ducts at near full lock. Also, any wheel weights cannot be installed on the inner edge of the rim or they will hit the ducts. I just make sure weights are installed inboard of the groove on the rim and try not to go full lock when parking.

Dog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts