596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this was my first run in the 10's with me driving. Here's the breakdown:

1.88 60'
5.07 330'
7.40 1/[email protected] MPH
9.18 1000'
[email protected] MPH

Alot of room for improvement but I'm trying. Thanks to Doug & Chris and all the guys at East Coast. This run was made with BFG Drag Radials and more than a half tank of fuel and no skinnies up front. For me I'm happy and once I replace my clutch things should hopefully get better. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Woo Hoo Congrats :jammin:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Antivenom 447 said:
Well this was my first run in the 10's with me driving. Here's the breakdown:

1.88 60'
5.07 330'
7.40 1/[email protected] MPH
9.18 1000'
[email protected] MPH
Nice times considering your on D/R's and full fronts.
Even better mph!

CCW D/R package with that MPH and your into the low 10's easy......:sneaky:

An ET street on a 16" rim not only would improve your times noticably, but also easier on your drive-train. (Ask Chris).

Try to get your runs on Vid. I for one would love to see your moster roaring down the track!

Keep up the good work! I'm rootin' for ya!

·
Registered
624 Posts
All I have to say is 1 3 8 holy cow!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Mario,

Nice work, brother. :thumb: Looks like you went last night and it was well worth it. :yeadog: That trap speed is insane, and considering the clutch being on its last legs, the air not being ideal and that you didn't have slicks and skinnies that was impressive.

I think you'll be in the low 10's and with good air, a 9 is quite possible. I'm getting ready to head over to E'town right now...we'll see if I can uphold some of the ECS tradition. :cheers:

Don

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
tlaselva said:
Nice times considering your on D/R's and full fronts.
Even better mph!

CCW D/R package with that MPH and your into the low 10's easy......:sneaky:

An ET street on a 16" rim not only would improve your times noticably, but also easier on your drive-train. (Ask Chris).

Try to get your runs on Vid. I for one would love to see your moster roaring down the track! Keep up the good work! I'm rootin' for ya!
If I tell how it all went down you'd laugh............ I went to see a friend of mine who's a Maryland State Trooper last minute. Filled up my tank and off I went. I got to the track to see him run his Viper and a co-worker of his had a Coupe he was running. He wanted me to take it down the track in the worst way. He offered me his tires and I said what the heck! I knew if anything was going it was my clutch since it's SOOOOOOO done :bmad: I threw them on and off I went. I left the line at 3,000 if that and took it from there. I figured I had to get back to NY and didn't want to completely embarrass myself or my Z. I didn't see my 60' until I got my slip but then I saw my MPH and I was very happy. I could feel the car on the second half of the track just bite down and go. I also shifted like I fell asleep in between each gear not to miss one nor to slip the clutch and get smoked out. FYI I have a full M/T drag setup and know the advantages of the sidewall flex thanks to all who have helped me pick a rear tire. I ran an 11.10 @ 131 mph with a 1.50 60' in 85 degree weather and fried the clutch slipping the second half of the track also coming out at 4500 rpm's. I had no idea the car with me driving and that Exedy on its last leg would cut a 10.95 at 138 mph. I'm ready for some more runs down the track once the car comes back from ECS. Thanks to all for your support and I will keep you posted. :guiness: <edit> I just found out that the DA was 2000 when I made that pass so talk about bad air. :coo:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
What kind of clutch are you going to install?

Congrat's 10.95 at 138 mph :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IT L GO said:
What kind of clutch are you going to install?

Congrat's 10.95 at 138 mph :thumb: :thumb:
One that will put me into the 9's :D I'll keep you posted on that one.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Very strong and must have felt like a rocket pulling to the traps. Nice pass. It looks like that baby is really pulling some torque. Very strong back half of the track given the 2000 DA. With the correct gearing and good tire combo, you have a nine second machine.

D.J.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Nice going Mario!! Like the story as well. Glad you switched the tires. It takes some driving just to get that car down the 1/4 mile especially with drag radials. It's all about test and tune right now until the fall! See you out there soon. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Very impressive 447...

Greg

·
Registered
874 Posts
Nice job Mario, sounds like you're getting it dialed in. Chris and I are heading out to Pocono tommorrow to to hit the road course with my new Goodyear slicks. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Antivenom 447 said:
I'm ready for some more runs down the track once the car comes back from ECS. Thanks to all for your support and I will keep you posted. :guiness: <edit> I just found out that the DA was 2000 when I made that pass so talk about bad air. :coo:
Mario-Dude that is sweet :thumb: Way to drive brutha!!! You do the Northeast Crew proud. Just wait till you get the new clutch.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mario,
Sweeeeeeeetttttttttt run!!!!!!!!!
Once you get your new clutch and a little more seat time I see 9's in your future comming this fall.
:cheers:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts