Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welll worth a drive to get the best deal and customer service. I'm a very happy new Z06 owner.

If you go, ask for Jeremy. He ROCKS!!! Extremely honest and forthright. Unusual for the business he is. Professional, courteous and very relaxing to deal with.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum.:csmile::csmile:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

You know what is really nice? I took a nice drive on PCH today to continue with break-in, adjusting speed frequently, and stopping at big parking lots to do some 5MPH figure 8's, when I realized that EVERY VETTE driver waving hi at me. Even the older vettes. I mean EVERY ONE. What a nice bunch of people I have joined the ranks of.

Seriously. It wasn't like that back in the 90's, or maybe it was where I was living at that time. I am honored.

I just realized today that the skip-shift is no longer really there. I thought I didn't have it when I hit it today - all of one single time. I am not shifting aggressively by ANY MEANS. The window for it to work is so small - I can see why. On my C5, it was way more apparent in daily, slow driving. On this Z, you need to literally go just above idle when shifting - any higher and it doesn't lock out second. Very nice.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I forgot. Yes about those questions. Once I did my research, I knew a return to the corvette world was in order.

All questions were answered. I also test drove MANY Z's. as many as I could.

By driving many of the same car, you can get an idea on variations between them that might be caused by irregularities/changes in model years, build dates, and build tolerances. The '06's and 07's were oh so slightly faster but a bit twitchy. The 08's won me hands down. The tranny was noticeably smoother and the throw was shorter. The rear was not as tail happy - seemingly at the price of some acceleration. But I think the '08's are slighlty heavier due to the modifications and extra insulation. The interior on the '08 seems nicer with the leather.

I know alot of people complain about the slow speed/low load rear tranny whine/rattle - isn't that normal? All my vettes and camaros had some level of that noise. In no way did it affect performance as far as I could tell. I like to hear her anyways - she's telling me she's bored.

Oh but the look - pure sex. enough said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts