Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be trying for the 10 second marker in two weeks, I need to know if anyone has run slicks on there Z06, I need to know a rim size and tire to run on the car. Any info would be great.

Thanks
Optic
:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
SLP sells 16-8 1/2 take off firebird rim @ $50. You can fit the M/T 16-10 1/2 there will be some grinding necessary at the nuckle on top of the A arm. Or you can get some custom wheels but grinding will still be required. I haven't heard of anyone that has figured out how to put a 15" wheel on with stock brakes and A arm. The Aluminum is holow so only grind what you have to. Ric

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I just got a set of M/T ET streets on a 16x8.5 C4 rim. It looks as if you have to do just a minor bit of grinding. I plan on running them Sunday so I will post pics of what the mod look like. It looks like you could put the 16x9.5 or 16x11 c4 rims, but it may require more grinding. I have a set of 9.5s and I am going to check how they fit also.

A friend of mine has the same size ET Streets on his Camaro. It is an MTI 422 that makes 500+HP. He cut a 1.56 60' on them Friday night. And trust me it is in the 10s.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hello!

Ok the 16's will require you to grind, and I know that sounds bad, but it's not all that much you have to do.. Some people say the A arm, it's the cap of the upper ball joint that needs the work.

I put a set of 16's on mine, what I did was cut (I used a body grinder) to cut the top of the cap. If you look close you will see a nipple sticking up, thats all you need to take off maybe a little extra but it's not all that bad. Then take a little black paint and touch it up.

Your ready to go...

Ernie

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
On my car, the wheel actually hits the knuckle. The highest point of the knuckle is towards the rear of the car. When I went to mount the wheels on the car, you can see where they hit. As soon as I "clearance" this just slightly the wheel should clear just fine. As for the "cap" , this appears to be a dust cap which is about 1.5 inches in diameter. It has an inner portion which is probably about 1 inch in diameter which rises up probably and 1/8" higher than the rest of the cap. This look to be hitting on my car. I am going to do the clearnce work in the next day or so, and I will post pics of what I run into. But it looks as if it will work.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: 10 second marker need tire options?

Roger Ramjet said:

If you are trying for a 10 sec run, what has the car got on it to get you there?
Roger I have 11.410 at 126 on street tires to get me there all I am missing is a 4,500 launch.:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts