Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 100 dry or maybe wet shot.
What is the limit of the stock z06 injector, with use with this dry shot. As you can see i have most bolt-on already and i would rather not have to upgrade injectors also. I assume if the stock injector would be over worked, then the wet shot would be the way to go??

What is a ball park costs of upgrading injector if need be- would the fuel pump need upgrading also?

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I would run a wet shot...you can get 30# SVO injectors for around $250 bucks. I would upgrade with your mods. SVO's are 36# @ 58 psi. :cheers:

·
Registered
67 Posts
jz06man said:
I'm looking at a 100 dry or maybe wet shot.
What is the limit of the stock z06 injector, with use with this dry shot. As you can see i have most bolt-on already and i would rather not have to upgrade injectors also. I assume if the stock injector would be over worked, then the wet shot would be the way to go??

What is a ball park costs of upgrading injector if need be- would the fuel pump need upgrading also?
Well if it gives you any ideas, I run a stock 98 C5 with exhaust on a dry shot with no jet. It made well over 200+ last time out on the stock injectors with room to spare. Takes some special setup though.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Homeslice,
What special set-up and I'm not stock as you can see.
I believe i in the 90's in terms of injector cycle. if i go wet- I don't have to worry about injector replacement at this time.
I've been told, if I turn on the n2o at 3.5K-4K, shift at 6.5K turn off n2o at 6.1 or 6.2K, i should not have to worry about puddling in the intake manifold. Anyone have any thoughts on this and preventing puddling???

·
Registered
67 Posts
jz06man said:
Homeslice,
What special set-up and I'm not stock as you can see.
I believe i in the 90's in terms of injector cycle. if i go wet- I don't have to worry about injector replacement at this time.
I've been told, if I turn on the n2o at 3.5K-4K, shift at 6.5K turn off n2o at 6.1 or 6.2K, i should not have to worry about puddling in the intake manifold. Anyone have any thoughts on this and preventing puddling???
Well here's what I suggest you do, take it or leave it.

Install a single nozzle pointing right at the MAF from about 3" away. Put in a 75 shot and spray it dry... watching the wide band. You should be very rich. Then jet up until the AFR comes up.

IMO puddling is going to happen anytime you put fuel in the plenum.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
No thanks'

·
Registered
142 Posts
Dry here also. Wet you will run rich when bottle press starts droping and then a greater chance of puddling and boom. You will not have this problem dry. :usa:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm starting to think a dry 50-75 shot,might be safer and less stress on the clutch...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts